PDA

View Full Version : Any cheaper substitute of Avantext ?

Ericson
23rd Nov 2009, 13:55
Hello !

As new year is coming I'm scratching :ugh: my head how to lower cost of service publication for my one and only Cessna 152. I've 4 other planes and 14 gliders in stock and cost of Avatext for 1 ( one ) C152 is over 50 % :eek: of total budget spend for bulletins and maintenance publications.

I'm currently using Avatext subscription for Cessna 120, 140, 150, 152, & 170 Series and Lycoming 4cylinders. That's around 1300 $ just for single airplane :{

Is there any way to lower the cost while still being legal with Part M/G and Part M/F requirements? I need subscription for C152 with Lycoming O-235.

Thanks ! :ok:

Dodo56
24th Nov 2009, 12:41
You need a subscription to the OEM documentation supporting the activities/types on your Part M/145 cert. However mandatory mods do not have to be done through Avantext. You can monitor these manually via the websites of FAA, EASA, etc and the authorities will be OK with it as long as you can demonstrate you are in control. Note however any change in the means of control will have to be reviewed and agreed by your surveyor as this is what is currently approved.

NutLoose
9th Dec 2009, 11:48
I think Cessna do the 152 and its sb's etc on Fiche for about $900

How much is the ATP system?

AskBob.aero
21st Jan 2010, 17:26
ATP offers some options that could save you a few hundred dollars:

On DVD - Cessna 100 Series by Decade i.e. 1960's 100 Series. The price depends on the year, 1960's is $825. The price is lower if you download revision and dont buy DVDs

Also on DVD - Cessna 120-170 (all years) at $895 (also less using internet updates)

The DVD 4 Cyl Lycoming Library is $325

The ATP product catalog is online at http://www.atp.com/_files/ProductCatalog.pdf

I would ask about competitive upgrade offers that might be in place at the time of the order.

These digital libraries ship with ATP NavigatorV(R) and include Airworthiness Directives for the Cessna models as well as the SBs and maintenance publications. Also included is the Profile And Compliance Record tool for the ADs and SBs for the Cessna models. Revisions are weekly by download or monthly by DVD. Regulatory libraries start at $345

Hope this is usefull.

Tailspin45
19th Feb 2010, 19:31
Zook Aviation AD Toolbox Airworthiness Directives Regulatory Compliance Library (http://www.zookaviation.com/)

Chief Erwin
19th Feb 2010, 23:32
its worth the extra money for DVD's, fische blows big time ie the sratch, printed copies can be hard to read, reader /printer expensive to maintain.
Spend the extra bucks and get it.

daniel_yeste
6th Aug 2010, 13:40
somebody konws if this Zook aviation toolbox includes the maintenance manuals and Ipc´s?:ok:

toolboxstickers
11th Aug 2010, 14:49
Just looked at the Zook site, it includes ADs, Regulations, forms, but no MM or parts catalogues.