PDA

View Full Version : Finningley operational again next week

Thrush
2nd Aug 2001, 14:45
Yes! Have you seen the Notam? F'ly is back for one week from 5th August. The girls of Donnie are ironing their shortest skirts and dusting down their dancing shoes.....

Anyone know what is going on ??? :)

skua
2nd Aug 2001, 17:00
How do you iron leather?

Brunel
2nd Aug 2001, 17:00
Don't know but checkout the Finningley Airport thread on Rumours and News forum - might provide a clue.... ;)

Gainesy
2nd Aug 2001, 17:17
Dancin shoes?
Most t'lasses in Donny wore pit boots & pinnys when I were a lad.

Understand 2 x Alberts & 2 x Lynx @ FV for a week.

[ 02 August 2001: Message edited by: Gainesy ]

[ 02 August 2001: Message edited by: Gainesy ]

Shouting Rad-Alt
2nd Aug 2001, 23:40
There is a Recce in the pipeline to re-open Fy as a SH superbase!!
The idea is to dispose of the inmates on the domestic site and rehouse all the single parents in the Xs Fmq's at Scampton.
The Merlin, due to the lack of space at Benson, will take 3 of the servicable hangars. Also, with the MSHAFT building being portable, the sims anyway, they will take the 4th.
Due to the lack of space at JHC, the new 5 million pound Nav school will be converted.
The old JFACTSU buildings will be taken over by the MAOTs.
Morale will obviously rocket, and everyone will be able to afford a new house. This will therfor negate the need for DHE and the whole move will help with retention.
Obviously 33 would have to stay at Benson, after surveys were carried out in '99 the cost to move them would not be feasible, ah well.

IF ONLY!!!!!

ShyTorque
3rd Aug 2001, 03:15
Eh up Thott-ty thrae! Tha knows tha can ger a bluddy big 'ouse up ere for what tha paid down't Benson way like! An if tha's nor on t'dole tha can ave owt tha likes for tha dinner.

Get stuck in lads! Whats tha' waitin' fower?

Hengist Pod
3rd Aug 2001, 12:49
White Bear

Big Green Arrow
5th Aug 2001, 02:24
I Wonder if 7th Heaven will still let us in for 50p on a 1250?

JimNich
6th Aug 2001, 00:37
Ahhh Donnie, Donnie, Donnie I remember you well (but **** all about the course I did at FYY). And to all those unbelievers BGA is correct, 50p and your 1250 to get into a bloody great night club full of forthright Yorkie girls (another 50p with your ID).

Echo Oscar
6th Aug 2001, 11:50
....aaah the White Bear!!

(Hiya JimNich. Coo it's hot out here!)

EO

Gainesy
6th Aug 2001, 15:06
I've advised my sister,(Finningley area) to lock up her daughters TFN. :D

ShyTorque
6th Aug 2001, 20:26
Now then, now then! PLEASE don't insult those fine Yorkshire lasses!

But you could get a woman, a pint and a free meat pie for a pound.

Mind you, there wasn't much meat in the pie! :D

Pen it off!
6th Aug 2001, 21:03
LordFlashHeart, youv'e brought back some right grand memories there lad.

Anyone remember the Leons bus back to camp at 11pm from outside the sally?

Never mind the donnie clubs, what was wrong with the shag and shuffle in the NAFFI?

BEagle
6th Aug 2001, 23:51
Somehow these reminiscenses seem wholly appropriate tothe untermensch of SODCAT rather than the 2-wing master race!!

maniac55
7th Aug 2001, 12:33
Nurse's Nights in the No.2 Mess. :eek:

flex won
7th Aug 2001, 14:07
Ahhh, is Seventh Heaven the one with the lift to go upstairs? I remember my first night there coincided with the Labatt's Miss String T-Shirt Competition. Ohhh Mother!

I heard that Bacchus was gutted by a fire some years back.

Does anyone remember Electric Avenue?

Perky Penguin
7th Aug 2001, 20:55
SHY TORQUE
Not much meat on the pie but plenty on the woman, or so I recall!

Rude C'man
7th Aug 2001, 23:45
EH101 going to Donnie well give me the keys and i'll open the gates bloody hell best i be giving that poster a call and get me name down for 2 cse.
Its all a lie no really I heard the mighty Wokka going there instead of Yeovilton, according to sources the Donnie lasses have missed having big boys around wioth big toys.
:cool:

Charlie Luncher
9th Aug 2001, 01:07
Thrush

what an apt name for a thread about glorious donnie.
DRI clinic was always busy.

Camelots is closed
Bacchus is now a club
Park Lane is a young dance club
Sally has moved the Bar around
New bars

But kebabs and lassies just as I remember them

Charlie sends

Hidden Dragon
9th Aug 2001, 01:27
And not one person has mentioned the glorious pizza takeaway down by the crossroads - somehow I think the guy'll have taken his ever growing BMW and moved onto pastures new.

Speak now if you were there during the GREAT FILTON BLOCK RAID of '90.

maniac55
11th Aug 2001, 13:07
PP

Sounds like a personal problem :D

ROGERTHAT
11th Aug 2001, 15:24
visited donnie about three weeks ago for stag do. went on to the old site and had a tearful look around (it was in a terrible state). Ahhhhhh gatehouse how many women has that place seen over the years. the pizza place was called mama mia`s and certainly kept all those lucky boys on the AAITC going. i believe the guy now owns a place outside cranwell?? The women were just as accomadating as i remember and the skirts are shorter than ever hands up all those that would go back in a blink of an eye. ohh ohh me dad me

Here`s to the unteachables where ever you might be :D

charlie how was it for you??

c130jbloke
11th Aug 2001, 17:07
Friday night......

Camlelot's, Cleveland (?) road for a massive kebab then onto Electric for some outstanding danceing with a donnie lass !!

Those were the days........ :)

Echo Oscar
11th Aug 2001, 21:39
I spent a fortune in that pizza place at the crossroads. Didn't help any, though....

TRIMSHEET
13th Aug 2001, 01:49
I AM ONE OF THE FELLAS THAT HAS JUST SPENT A WEEK IN DONNY, AND I CAN CONFIRM THAT IT IS BETTER THAN I REMEMBER ( THAT ISN'T VERY MUCH.)
WHY OH WHY CLOSE SUCH AN OUTSTANDING JOINT???? PEOPLE WHO MISSED OUT JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Minge Coiffeur
17th Aug 2001, 03:08
The Red Lion in Epworth on Wednesdays and Fridays. Bacchus. Carlos. DMA for your car spares. Ronnie Massarellas wine bar in Bawtry. The Sal. It all brings a tear to the eye, does it not?

Will FY open again in earnest? Let's hope so. The Donnie folk need and deserve the employment and the buzz of a busy airport will help. A few selfish 'antis' shouldn't be allowed to prevent the public inquiry from giving the go-ahead. Let's Go!!!

blindman
17th Aug 2001, 13:33
The Red Lion in Epworth is still going strong, although the clientel are a bit younger than i remember, and DMA is still cheap! :)

Charlie Luncher
18th Aug 2001, 09:25
m55

If you were there for the nurses, cast your memory back to a certain stag night in No.2 mess.
Trying to get chocolate out of the carpet and dodge the camera on scene.

And that rutting call of yabba dabba dooooo.

Top Bunk Tester
18th Aug 2001, 21:20
I'll always remember, after our grad, being responsible for a couple of stilletto heel gouges in the Top Table of the No2. Not directly responsible, you understand, but she wouldn't take them off and someone had already claimed the servery!!!!! :D

Big Green Arrow
23rd Aug 2001, 17:53
Big uproar from the locals...noise and stuff...surely the use of it as an airport can only help to put moolah into the local economy?

Can't wait to fly back in there. Is there much left of the old Station, or have they demolished it like Swinderby/Church Fenton OM etc?

Suit
23rd Aug 2001, 20:17
Big Green Arrow,

They've demolished Swinderby?

I know Fenton (AAhh...) OM has gone but what's left at Swinderby, anything?

Pretty much everything is still there at Finingley.

Suit......

maniac55
23rd Aug 2001, 21:44
Charlie

ICATQS ;)

You always knew FY was for the chop when they built the new Tesco HQ, sorry Nav school.

Mister B
24th Aug 2001, 18:17
'Fraid I have to dash the hopes of all you eager Directional Consultants - Finningley was sold over two years ago to Peel Holdings (Airports) Ltd with the intention of operating as a civil licensed aerodrome. There is an ongoing Public Inquiry as some locals have voiced objections (although Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council are very supportive). The main body of dissent seems to live in and around Bawtry - couldn't possibly be retired Senior Officers!!?

The bulk of the old infrastructure is still in place, although some of it is looking rather shabby. The runway is in good nick, having been resurfaced by MoD shortly before the base closed.

The ultimate decision as to whether or not Peel are granted planning consent for an airport will probably rest with the Secretary of State - 2Jags - who incidentaly has Humberside Airport in his constituency.

There was only one ossifers mess when I did my penance; all I remember is that they kept shifting the bar all over the shop, which was very confusing (probably the reason I had have monthly interviews with Tojo to ask why I was spending so much ).

What was that place on top of the Co-op called? I seem to recall some big-name groups performing there in the early 70's.

If you think you won't like the answer, don't ask the question.

[ 24 August 2001: Message edited by: Mister B ]

[ 24 August 2001: Message edited by: Mister B ]