PDA

View Full Version : Class one Medical expired 9 days ago

dand07
22nd Nov 2009, 17:20
My class one medical expired 9 days ago and it would of been my second renewal. So to clarify I had my initial in 2007 then my renewal 2008 and I have missed my renewal in 2009 (totally forgot about it). Whats the position now? Can I just get it renewed as normal with the same AME?

Many thanks

Van G
22nd Nov 2009, 17:39
Think it's valid as a class 2 medical for a while after expiry as class 1, not sure what the rules are on getting it back to a class 1. Tried the medical & health forum?

FlyingOfficerKite
22nd Nov 2009, 18:23
I was late renewing my Class 1 this year.

A couple of points:

Yes, you can go and have it renewed even though it has expired.

The relevant time periods for validity are on the Medical Certificate, so you just need to read the relevant time period off against your age bracket.

I asked my AME once how long a medical can expire before there is a problem with a renewal. It is several years (3 I think, maybe 5) before you need to apply from scratch again.

So don't worry - just book an appointment and go.

KR

FOK

DB6
22nd Nov 2009, 18:48
What are you using it for? If it's non-commercial flying don't bother renewing for another year or so as it reverts to class 2 for that period which is all you need. If commercial you shouldn't fly in that role until you've renewed it as class 1, which you can do as normal with the same AME - you don't have to do another initial. It should have the validities for the various classes on the back.

dand07
22nd Nov 2009, 19:01
Sound out chaps. Hopefully I will be using it commercially soon.

Flyin'Dutch'
5th Dec 2009, 07:15
It can be revalidated without trouble.

On the certificate it should say if you can use it for class 2 purposes once it has expired for its initial issue purpose.