PDA

View Full Version : Cheers for the beers!

Paddy Don't Surf
23rd Aug 2001, 23:06
To the poor wokka crew heard bleating pitifully over south Co. Down yesterday. The Sgt's Mess enjoyed the beers. Next time don't forget your maps 'n' radios. But, if there is a next time, the smallest rotary in the fleet will gladly pull the largest out of the poo ... for another crate, of course. :p

Alfie Stenloop
24th Aug 2001, 01:41
Must have been desperate to ask a Gazelle crew, I'd rather declare a mayday!

Didn't realise the weather was so nice yesterday! :cool:

[ 23 August 2001: Message edited by: Alfie Stenloop ]

Kidder
24th Aug 2001, 17:49
Alfie Stenloop,
Apparently his cries for help sounded so urgent and desperate that the 'fatboy' crew that initially answered his cry for help thought it was a mayday. The change in tone from agony to ecstasy back to panic when they discovered he was at the opposite end of the toilet was a delight to the ear. Allegedly, of course. ;)
Could happen to anybody, of course! But why does it nearly always seem to be them? :D

ol_benkenobi
25th Aug 2001, 00:29
I can not begin to think of the amount of in-cockpit discusion that must have gone on before the Ac Comd decided to 'ask the translucent araldite battle sperm' for assistance. Then I remembered that it was only CAVOK to the moon and yeh, you may be IFR up you own ass but you are only there to provide assistance 'to the grunt at the front'.
(Rather put out a MAYDAY than talk to a Gazelle)
Noise of chewy backy hitting spitoon from over 3000m's

Fool on the Hill
25th Aug 2001, 03:23
To all the little heli guys. What squadron owned the Gazelle that got lost and landed in Monaghan (ROI)army barracks in the 80s. The photo nicely adorns the enterance to the NCOs mess. Not that 230 or 72 SQNs nav is much to shout about.

Let he who has not sinned...... :D :D :D

Talking Radalt
25th Aug 2001, 15:45
Let me guess....
the Wokka secure comms was shagged AGAIN and then the concept of an airborne radio relay via any available callsign is misconstrued as bleating for help!
While we're at it just how many can you get in a Lynx? If the Wokka fleet is such an embarassment, do your own bloody tasking.....oh yeah, you can't! :rolleyes:

fone_effect
25th Aug 2001, 21:07
Talking Radalt
Teddy gone south of the boarder again ?

Ron Fenest
26th Aug 2001, 10:15
I like flying floppies..there is no doubt in my mind that I will never be good enough to crash, errmm sorry, fly a lynx. besides - theres no way i could put on a cockney accent and eat lard for breakfast...

Not good enough to fly solo ?.....dont choose the araldite interceptor.

:p

murphy
26th Aug 2001, 11:48
WHATEVER!!!!

Remember, Three blades, one hydraulic system and one Engine IS a permanant state of emergency!!!!!!

yours

Murph x x x

Fool on the Hill
26th Aug 2001, 22:18
Murphy,
I believe we all only have one gearbox. Except the chinook but if they lose one they neednt worry about SAMs as therell be plenty of chaff in the air. :D :D

Who's Ya Daddy
26th Aug 2001, 22:52
Here we go again. My chopper's bigger and better than your chopper etc. etc. etc.
:rolleyes:

murphy
27th Aug 2001, 05:12
Fool,
I checked and checked and I could only find six gearboxes on my current type. I did however find only one transmission for the main rotor. Is that what you mean??

Yours

Murph x x x

Talking Radalt
28th Aug 2001, 21:59
Fone old boy, on the mighty wokka nothing ever goes south of the "boarder" as within the bowels of our awesome beast we find the space to carry a nav too.

Guinevere
28th Aug 2001, 23:04
Remember this one.....

R753 Puma 2 minutes from the south R753!!!

Oops

fone_effect
31st Aug 2001, 22:15
Now that you have an Ex Lx5 pilot flying the old dino I expect you should be non-international at least once a week or so.
AND
If navs are so vallued, why are they under paid ?

Hengist Pod
2nd Sep 2001, 17:33
First time I've ever heard Vagina Rots described as underpaid. "A waste of space," yep, "An unjustifiable burden," yep, but never underpaid. By the way, has anyone come up with a suitable anagram for Weapons System Officer yet? And which weapons do they operate? A Browning 9mm once a year and that's about it! Nothing personal guys, but I'm your branch sponsor and am recommmending to the AFPRB that you get paid sh*t!

Jemima Puddleduck
2nd Sep 2001, 23:11
Reminds me, when back in '98 as part of a 5 & 7 pair with the puma doing its own thing - Blind call reads - G20 1 puma 2 minutes from the south G20 - my pilot and I had gave each other one of those - did you hear what I thought you heard - looks, and nothing more was said.

Don't ever say that inter service coverups don't exist....!

Enjoy ...JP

Mr Nitrox
3rd Sep 2001, 15:36
Just like the Lynx tail strike I witnessed in a field NW of 850... :eek:

Helmut Visorcover
14th Sep 2001, 00:58
Jemima...banana, banana, banana.....!!!!! How is that desk?? :rolleyes:

Simple answer; Who drives the buses and who has tactical command of the aviation assests? Bit of a role reversal? :cool:

murphy
14th Sep 2001, 22:53
:D :D HOORAY!!!!! :D :D

He's Back!!!!!

Thanks mate, thats another name worked out!!!

Yours

Murph x x x