PDA

View Full Version : Direct flights to Rio?

keltic
21st Nov 2009, 21:42
I have to fly to Rio de Janeiro in March. Just a bunch of airlines have direct flights from Europe to Rio de Janeiro. TAM and AF from Paris, TAP from Lisbon and Iberia from Madrid. In some cases, I donīt like the airline, other the fare, and other the fare.

Did I miss any airline?. Any other airline flying non stop to Rio from Europe?. I have also checked BA, but flights arenīt daily as Condor. I am sure I have missed any charter airline.

Any suggestion?

cardhappyaf
22nd Nov 2009, 11:02
think thats all, ba do 5 times a week.

air france for me has the better times, overnight flight landing in the morning. ba have a nitemare day flight which i took once.

air france have 2 a day last time i looked.

keltic
22nd Nov 2009, 19:37
Gracias.

The main problem with AF and the three others, is price. Formerly there were four airlines operating from Madrid: Iberia, Varig, Air Madrid and Air Europa, now......only Iberia :{

Funny thing is if one books a ticket from MAD to GIG, it costs almost double than LIN-MAD-GIG-MAD-LIN. Funny isnīt it?.

cardhappyaf
23rd Nov 2009, 08:30
seen that on air france as well, cheaper dub-par-rio rt than par-rio :) lucky me i go to dublin.

same time this year i paid circa 450-475euro for rio return in economy - its just after carnival so perhaps the beginning of next year youīll get a better price

good luck

ConstantFlyer
23rd Nov 2009, 22:14
There are far fewer direct flights to Rio de Janeiro than to Sao Paolo. If you don't fancy TAP, BA, Iberia, Air France or TAM, your only other alternative across the South Atlantic is TAAG Angola Airlines via Luanda!

However, your choices are greater if you go to Sao Paolo and take a domestic hop from there to Rio. Airlines flying into Sao Paolo from Europe/Africa/Mid East include KLM, Turkish, Emirates, Lufthansa, South African, TAP, BA, TAM, TAAG Angola, Iberia, Alitalia, Air France, El Al and Swiss.

There are other options via North or Central America, or other points in South America. LAN flies to Lima and Santiago; Air Comet to Lima and Buenos Aires; and of course, Aerolineas Argentinas to Buenos Aires too. All can connect to Rio. Air Comet and AeroSur also link Madrid with Santa Cruz, Bolivia.

keltic
28th Nov 2009, 12:54
Although the TAAG alternative seems pretty attractive, I have booked Iberia, but Business (with a reasonable good fare). So it wonīt be much unconfortable :)

Thanks again for you help.