PDA

View Full Version : Slip in Lome, Togo

Shaman
21st Nov 2009, 16:31
Do any major airline crews slip in Lome and if so, what are the crew hotels and are they up to international standards?

Do you feel safe in Lome?

Thanks.

mupepe
21st Nov 2009, 17:10
go to Sarakawa hotel...very good standard, I felt very safe over there, going in town to street market or to restaurant during evening w/o problem.
enjoy it
AF is overnighting there, very big swimming pool at the hotel.

marc-h
21st Nov 2009, 20:17
Every time and again someone is asking where airline-crews stay during their layovers , in wich hotels etc- .. it's not ok to do that - please ; it's not that difficult to understand why not to do this ...
Not just for world-frontline issues ; but also for regular privacyand safety abroad .But yes , also for the very ugly reasons , that we are a target for some people .
It's not just the moderator of this very nice online-forum to guard this ; but up to us also.
Fly safe , regards.

Boomerang1
22nd Nov 2009, 17:53
You must be thinking about the B737NG positions offered. The pay is very low at $6K, are you planning to work that cheaply?

Shaman
23rd Nov 2009, 06:39
Mupepe,

Thank you very much indeed for the advice.

Boomerang 1,

Not for that salary.

yambat
26th Nov 2009, 14:36
marc-h
Its also not hard to understand that it is not exactly difficult to find out which hotels aircrew layover in on their night stops.
Sarakawa is fine, very nice lebannese restaurant across the street and a short walk towards the harbour. Also a couple of fine reataurants in the area of the German Embassy, one French, one Chinese, sorry, the names escape me but perhaps the hotel staff could help you.
Cheers
Yambat

CJ750
26th Nov 2009, 15:55
I was there 12 months ago at the Sarakawa and they said it was dangerous to walk on the beach so be warned. Might have improved. Standard African warning of dont use ice in your drinks and tap water to drink. :8

Depending on aircraft size handling can be very expensive and again they speak french i think.

Enjoy