PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Flying School??

Bigglesgoggles
20th Nov 2009, 17:15
Anyone know what the situation is yet with CFS? Not heard anything on the grapevine! They have been closed for a while now and I thought there was a new owner?

Cheers

papa oscar
23rd Nov 2009, 20:50
Patience!! Everything comes to those who wait. :)

XL319
23rd Nov 2009, 21:23
Why should we wait? CFS before they ceased trading put their prices back up £20.00 more on a/c hire. Well above the going rate. The only reason I went back to becoming a member was the reduction in price. It will not bode well for future business.

Im certainly not going to wait....off to give another school my business.

Bigglesgoggles
24th Nov 2009, 21:29
Hmmm. I think by the time CFS opens again our kids will have hover boards! Only joking, I know its a crappy situation and not any fault of the staff who work there, or used to work there at least. I just need to don my biggles goggles again :)

papa oscar
25th Nov 2009, 01:25
The current CFS operation is gone for good. Others will come along to fill the gap. Just give it time. Things don't happen overnight :)

papa oscar
27th Nov 2009, 17:39
Good news. There will be a new flight training school opening at Durham Tees Valley Airport.

Durham Tees Flight Training will be opening it's doors in January 2010.
They will start their operations with a PA-28 and a C152.

A website is currently being prepared for the new school.
You will see some of the old faces from previous flying schools that were once at the airfield :)

More info and contact details when the website becomes live.

XL319
27th Nov 2009, 22:58
Too late I've gone elsewhere!!! I need a school to be stable and dependable

Mission30
28th Nov 2009, 16:05
As Papa Oscar says, have a little patience. Certainly the (ex?) staff at CFS have shown patience above and beyond - they're now waiting for TWO months' money - this may be academic as far as the school's customers, who are understandably keen to continue their training, are concerned. Everyone is looking for a dependable and reliable school - when the time comes, this writer thinks you will be pleasantly surprised and reassured!

Bigglesgoggles
29th Nov 2009, 11:09
I think this is great news! You can't blame the staff at CFS for what has been going on. After all you wouldn't work for an organisation that isn't prepaired to pay its staff - thats the whole point is it not? They did their best given the circumsances. I hope that the new school does well and I'm sure it will, being run by professional aviators - not just investors out to make a quick buck.

Anyone got any idea of prices?

batninth
29th Nov 2009, 13:51
Wasn't CFS providing the flying training for the folks doing the Aviation Technology degree at Leeds University?

XL319
29th Nov 2009, 20:37
I really feel for the CFS staff, I really do. But at the end of the day business is business. I am pleased Disley has gone and I'm sure CFS will come back. One thing Disley did was ruin their customer base IMO.

Bigglesgoggles
30th Nov 2009, 11:03
I don't think Disley has gone BTW - think they still own CFS but not doing anything with it.

KFTW
20th Dec 2009, 19:49
Hi,

Any updates on CFS(sorry DTFT)?

Thanks,

KFTW

Bigglesgoggles
21st Dec 2009, 13:15
CFS now totally gone and all assets to be stripped. Big shame.

papa oscar
21st Dec 2009, 23:27
Durham Tees Flight Training is still planning on starting in mid Jan 2010.
All being well, we should start to see more GA training at DTVA.
DTFT website is currently under construction. more info as it comes along.
If anyone needs any contact details, feel free to PM me.

youlookingatme
28th Dec 2009, 09:58
For what its worth. This posted recently on FTN website following their article on Disley Aviation.

Disley Aviation responds (http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/389387-disley-flyteam-2.html#post5404747)

Good luck to new school and staff at DTFT.

Toadpool
28th Dec 2009, 10:13
"Durham Tees Flight Training" - horrible name.

What's wrong with something like "Teesside Flying Club/School"?

Mission30
29th Dec 2009, 10:45
There used to be a "Teesside Aero Club" so I guess the owners of DTFT don't want to take a backward step. And, allegedly, the region of Teesside doesn't officially exist anymore. Likewise, after the nasty smell from the demise of CFS, any name which includes the words "Flying School" might be less than desirable at EGNV! Durham Tees Flight Training is a straightforward kind of name -- it simply says where they are and what they do, and it'll come pretty high up the list in the phone book! What really matters is the quality of training and the level of customer service that they'll provide. Cheers!

papa oscar
29th Dec 2009, 16:57
As Mission30 states, it does what it says on the tin. Provides flight training at Durham Tees.

There is no confusion with any of the other establishments that have been or are currently on the airfield.
I believe this one will work, as enough decent people are willing to put in the effort to ensure anyone signing up will be given first class customer service and flight training.

Parsnip
30th Dec 2009, 15:31
This is really good news if it happens.I hope that the new organisation will be as successful and as pleasurable an experience as it was under the ownership of wally in the good old days.
But they really need to get with the plot as far as a new name goes....Teesside is the new cool, anything to do with DurhamTees or Tees valley makes us immediately think of geographically challenged men in grey suits with Scots accents and personality defects. Teesside Flying Club, what a great name:O

Toadpool
30th Dec 2009, 17:22
DurhamTees or Tees valley makes us immediately think of geographically challenged men in grey suits with Scots accents and personality defects.

Exactly!:D

BillieBob
30th Dec 2009, 18:09
I could never understand what was wrong with Middleton St George in the first place.

notabove1500
12th Jan 2010, 20:14
Helloooo,

What is happening to New flying schools at DTV? Are they for real or just rumour?

NA1500

samposampo
12th Jan 2010, 22:22
Good news. There will be a new flight training school opening at Durham Tees Valley Airport.

Cleveland Flight Training will be opening it's doors in January 2010.
They will start their operations with a PA-28 and a C152.

The website is www.clevelandflighttraining.co.uk (http://www.clevelandflighttraining.co.uk) for the new school.
You will see some of the old faces from previous flying schools that were once at the airfield http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Be aware that the new school is nothing to do with the old Cleveland Flying School.

Looking forward to seeing you all very soon!!

GARDENER
13th Jan 2010, 01:00
Received an email from the team yesterday re the new school and wish you all the best. Looks like a good bunch of people.

Good luck, will call in on my return from studies stateside!

Fitter2
13th Jan 2010, 06:52
I could never understand what was wrong with Middleton St George in the first place.
Then you were never on 33Sqdn in Javelin days - oh sorry, you were referring to the name...........

papa oscar
13th Jan 2010, 21:32
Helloooo,

What is happening to New flying schools at DTV? Are they for real or just rumour?

NA1500

Durham Tees Flight Training will be launching in the next few weeks. A press release will be issued in the next few days.

UniFlyBoy
13th Jan 2010, 22:26
Good luck to Durham Tees Flight Training. From what I have heard it looks like being an excellent set up. Please keep us posted.

Saw something in the Northern Echo the other day about Disley restarting Cleveland Flying School and inviting people to call in. Is this Cleveland Flight Training under another name or is this another new school or something else? They seem quick to deny they have anything to do with Disley:suspect:. I know a few people still trying to get their money back but the building has a for sale/let sign.

Mission30
15th Jan 2010, 12:05
GolfDriver obviously knows his stuff and has set out what it is we all should expect from people running a flying school. He may be reassured to learn that, at last, not one, but all three principals of DTFT meet his criteria -- honest business practice, considerate customer relations and instructor reputation and experience. Synergy, or what! We hear they're now a Registered Facility and wish them well in their endeavour! Rumour has it there may be another school in the offing -- a bit of an unknown quantity, but good luck to them too!

SWBKCB
15th Jan 2010, 19:50
from the CFT website:

Managing Director Phil Thompson has done a deal with Patriot Aviation to secure two brand new Cessna 162 Skycatchers.

papa oscar
15th Jan 2010, 19:52
Golfdriver, the new Durham Tees Flight Training website will be going live on the 21st January. All will be revealed on there.

SWBKCB
15th Jan 2010, 21:01
I'm getting confused - are Durham Tees Flight Training and Cleveland Flight Training the same thing or is there two of them?!?

papa oscar
15th Jan 2010, 21:10
Durham Tees Flight Training and Cleveland Flight Training are two totally separate companies.

Durham Tees Flight Training is run by David Ripley and is based within the Business Aviation Centre next to Gate 7.

Cleveland Flight Training is run by Philip Thompson and operates from the Cleveland Flying School building.

UniFlyBoy
15th Jan 2010, 21:31
So it looks like we have the prospect of at least two new operations starting up at DTV which is excellent news. Durham Tees Flight Training and Cleveland Flight Training. Just like buses, you wait ages then two come at once! :ok:At least it gives people a choice of three schools (lets give poor old St Georges a mention here too assuming off course that the claimed grand re-opening :rolleyes:of the old CFS, making 4, is just another Disley scam). Well done to all these people for stepping up to the mark. :DI hope there is room for all of them to survive but common sense tells us that long term this will not be the case so be very careful where you put your money. I for one will never put money and my trust on account again.

Exactly where is Cleveland Flight Training located? Cannot tell from the website, just a mobile number and no mention of who is backing the operation, a Phil Thompson is mentioned in the news only. Who is the CFI and are they a registered training facility? More info on the website please if you want us to take you seriously and not just assume another virtual wanabee flying school. If they are involved with or dealing with the Disley organisation in any way, even indirectly then do not expect to see me there. Until the Disley presence has gone for good from DTV I will NEVER set foot in the Disley/CFS building again whilst they have anything to do with it.

I look forward to finding out more about the new Durham Tees Flight Training also when they launch.

SWBKCB
16th Jan 2010, 05:54
The Cleveland Flight Training website details two aircraft - PA-28 G-BNTD is owned by Philip Thompson with a Darlington address and C.152 G-BHFC is owned by Helicentre Blackpool Ltd

PPRuNeUser0173
16th Jan 2010, 17:21
Thanks Papa Oscar - I await further info with interest.

Flyingmac
22nd Jan 2010, 09:11
Here's the latest on Dale & Co .FLYER Airportal - General Aviation News (http://www.flyer.co.uk/news/newsfeed.php?artnum=948)
Heard that they have ordered two Skycatchers. Unconfirmed. Best of luck to them.

152 in bits at Bagby. Engine sent for repair.

Mission30
22nd Jan 2010, 17:23
FlyingMac: I'm sure Dale & Co will add your good wishes to those received from their many supporters and wellwishers - there's a lot of good gals and guys out there! You can all now get the latest from www.dtft.co.uk (http://www.dtft.co.uk).

Just a quick correction ... I hear that Durham Tees Flight Training ain't ordered no Skycatchers, and have no connection with an engineless C152!

papa oscar
22nd Jan 2010, 18:13
Durham Tees Flight Training Ltd website is now live. It can be found at Durham Tees Flight Training - Flying Lessons and Flight Training (http://www.dtft.co.uk)

DTFT have not placed any orders or any claims to have ordered the new Cessna Skycatcher (which delivery dates have now been delayed at least 6 months due to rectification work needed for spin recovery).

The Cessna 152 at Bagby which is in need of engine repairs does not belong to DTFT. This aircraft belongs to a totally separate flying school.

DTFT are in the process of acquiring their own premium aircraft for flight training at Durham Tees Valley. In the mean time, aircraft will be leased to cover the interim period.
DTFT's aims is to provide premium flight training on modern well equipped aircraft as can be seen from the website.

Aytonace
23rd Jan 2010, 07:46
Looks like an excellent setup and equally excellent team of "pilots" passionate about flying... not "investors" out to make a quick buck! Good luck and I'm sure you'll have a full order book :ok:

UniFlyBoy
23rd Jan 2010, 09:24
Very impresssive. Look forward the the rest of the operation being as professional as the web site. No wannabee flying school here!

Flyingmac
25th Jan 2010, 08:31
All clear to me now. Thanks.

PPRuNeUser0173
26th Jan 2010, 07:36
I wish both new schools and staff all the very best for the future. It will be nice to see active and thriving GA continue at MME.

BHenderson
26th Jan 2010, 18:14
I would imagine that the 152 engine is being replaced/overhauled because it was at the end of its life. Otherwise how else would it manage to get to Bagby safely?

Sir George Cayley
26th Jan 2010, 19:25
Now I like David Ripley and his set up, but

I also like Philip Thompson :confused:

There's only one way to choose gentlemen:ok:

FIGHT !!

And may the best man win.

Sir George Cayley

Flyingmac
27th Jan 2010, 10:37
I would imagine that the 152 engine is being replaced/overhauled because it was at the end of its life. Otherwise how else would it manage to get to Bagby safely?

Major wear discovered during routine maintenance/inspection.

UniFlyBoy
31st Jan 2010, 21:48
Fight!!

I would not bother buying ringside tickets, looks like a knockout to me in the first round :ouch:. UFB

Jester2
5th Feb 2010, 13:00
Just popped into the new Cleveland Flight training place - located in the old CFS building.

Nice set up, and 2 Cessna Skcatchers on order!! Very nice, and looks like a long term investment for the flying community!:ok: :D

Jester

cfsflyer
9th Feb 2010, 18:22
I went to the Cleveland Flight Training party on Saturday evening. Philip Thompson seems like guy with his had screwed on: proven business accumen, a passion for aviation and a long term plan. I hope it works out and wish him and his team all the best.

Flyingmac
12th Feb 2010, 14:01
Latest is that DTFT (Dale & Co) have aquired a T67 which should be on line in a month or so.

Fake Sealion
12th Feb 2010, 15:01
Is that the T67 formerly at Bagby?

Flyingmac
12th Feb 2010, 17:41
Nope. Not formerly at Bagby.

You have a PM.

fue6eh
22nd Apr 2010, 09:56
Firefly is now on line at Durham Tees Flight Training.

julie hepworth
26th May 2010, 14:33
So who is going to pay back the £83 my brother paid for a present for my 70th Birthday CFS took the money in August and they were already in trouble then. Just one great big con and J Disley has not got the decency to answer phone calls or e mails.
The whole think is shoddy.
:hmm:

AviationJunkie
18th Jul 2010, 18:11
Oh well, another one bits the dust!!!
Cleveland Fight Training, located in the old CFS/Disley building closed it's doors last week!! Didn't really last that long to have any customers!! Hope no one got stung this time round!!