PDA

View Full Version : Ethiopian Airlines Buying A350's

High 6
20th Nov 2009, 06:40
News at the recent Dubai Air Show that ET has put in an order for some Airbus A350's. Don't know if this is true and if so how many, when to be delivered?

I say, the lads in Seattle will be a bit miffed at this development seeing as up to now all ET jet aircraft have been out of their stables.

Anyone in the know on this one.....

keitaidenwa
20th Nov 2009, 22:49
Ethiopian | Press Releases | Press Releases Archive (http://www.ethiopianairlines.com/en/news/prarchive.aspx?id=131)

True, 12 ordered, nothing said about when they will delivered.

Ethiopian to acquire 12 A350s and five 777-200LRs (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/07/28/330252/ethiopian-to-acquire-12-a350s-and-five-777-200lrs.html)

Earlier announcement said 2017. So ET will still be "boeing only" for almost a decade. Meanwhile they'll get 5 777's beginning 2010 and 10 787's (once boeing gets them to fly...). So I doubt Seattle is terribly worried yet.

ET amazes me - they remain a safe and commercially successful airline through Ethiopias communism, famine, civil wars, wars, dictators..

ugflyer
21st Nov 2009, 02:40
Oh boy, I think ET got piffed and rightly so since they don't even know when they will get delivery of the 787s that Boeing promised eons ago. I have to say it is simply meant to stick it to Boeing. Now business is business and life has to go on if you can't deliver. Just my two cents worth!

charlie7charlie
21st Nov 2009, 15:46
according to a Hamburg evening newspp, in preperation for the dubai airshow, Ethiopian Airlines ordered twelve A350's....this is gonna set them back a little under 3 billion US dollar, (no problem for ethiopia!!)

in total airbus has just over 500 orders of the A350. First ones roll-out in 2013. Boeing in the meanwhile has sold about 840 Dreamliners 787....

I have a huge information database, covering almost all star alliance partners and a bit of singapore airlines. any questions, i'd be happy!!
charlie7charlie

High 6
7th Dec 2009, 14:31
Yes ET is amazing that it has kept going with a pretty good standard through all these years, despite all the peripheral problems that exist. I have flown them a few times and have no complaints.

It will be exciting to see this new planned expansion take place in the next few years. On, on!! :ok: