PDA

View Full Version : Italian looking for training advice in SA

buttare_la_chiave
19th Nov 2009, 16:12
Hello guys, I'm an italian boy and I'd like to start my training courses in South Africa.
I haven't any information about the best flight schools in that country, can you help me please?
Do you know if are there some professional schools where obtain JAA approved licences?

Thank you very much to you all!

AHA-guy
19th Nov 2009, 17:12
Do you want to fly in Africa for a living or return to Europe and fly here?

kaptene
19th Nov 2009, 17:29
Not sure about the regulation in south Africa, but you can have you JAA training in some schools in the US, with a low costs. For being able to work in africa, I think that the Transport ministry needs to approuve you licenses. Check this point before doing your training.

buttare_la_chiave
19th Nov 2009, 17:33
I'd like to get all my licenses in South Africa ( PPL, CPL, IR/ME ) and after try to find a job as Flight Instructor or come back in Europe. Depending on the circumstances...
I'm interesting in South Africa Licenses becouse I could save much money due to the low life costs.

mattman
19th Nov 2009, 18:53
ha ha yup, the cost of life is very low in SA

Tapejara
20th Nov 2009, 07:32
Hi - ever concidered Namibia? You can obtain a South African AND Namibian licence here. PPL, CPL, and Instructors.

Namibia is well known for its 365 sunshine days and the flying opportunaties are excellent.

There are 3 Flying Schools that you can try.
Windhoek FLight Training Centre
Westair
NATA

Accommodation and living costs are basically the same as in RSA, but the duration for the courses normally a lot shorter in Namibia due to the good weather circumsances.

Maurice Chavez
20th Nov 2009, 08:18
And don't forget, the cost of "life" is regarded higher then that in SA.... :E

negus
21st Nov 2009, 12:34
Flight Training College - George Garden Route South Africa (http://www.flighttraining.co.za)
Not JAA though.