PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment at LHR/MAN

LFC24
19th Nov 2009, 09:01
Does anyone know if Aviance, Servisair etc recruit more for ground positions around Xmas time? If not, when does their next recruitment wave begin?

None of them have aadvertised vacancies for quite a while on their websites. Aviance seem to advertise them with agencies though.

groundagent
19th Nov 2009, 10:40
Are you looking for any particular type of work?

LFC24
19th Nov 2009, 13:26
Yes, ramp agent/baggage handling.

750XL
19th Nov 2009, 13:35
I'd also appreciate any advice as to when handling agents start to recruit for the summer season.

I don't turn 18 until early July so I think it may be too late for me to get a job then?

Thanks

750XL

Blue-Shamrock 89
19th Nov 2009, 18:19
I heard from a friend that Aviance are recruiting for the Ramp through face2face agency

LFC24
20th Nov 2009, 17:14
Unfortunatly I've come to experience that Face2face are professional time-wasters

crushmix4u
22nd Nov 2009, 11:24
hi,
plz mail ur cv if you have 5 years of exp in flight support center as flight dispatcher & flight planning .
mail to : :[email protected]
[email protected]

mikeday
23rd Nov 2009, 15:37
For the summer season most handling companies start recruiting in April as most airline's summer schedules start around May time which is the 'busy' period for the ground handling companies. But I suppose it also depends on which airlines they handle at the airport you're looking at as to when the summer schedules start. Probably best to check the airlines websites to see.

Since you're not 18 until July its still worth applying in July time because staff leave or are sacked, holidays, maternity leave etc can open up opportunities for taking on more staff.

Good Luck