PDA

View Full Version : Handling Fees- Western Europe

ufcpa
18th Nov 2009, 22:36
My company uses Universal for most of its handling needs, and flies primarily to western Europe from the east coast of the US. Does anyone have any thoughts specifically on reducing costs using other handlers versus our current Universal? Any recommendations on specific handlers that you would recommend as obtaining the best pricing? Thanks.

VIKING9
19th Nov 2009, 01:58
You have a personal message.

FoxyLadyFlyer
20th Nov 2009, 09:53
Beware of cowboys when you are looking for handlers as they will end up costing you more in the long run.
Universal can be negotiated with if you tell them you arent happy with their prices. They are in all the key cities in Europe so it's hard to beat them for continuity. Not everyone cares about security & safety as much as they do.
Have sent you a pm with some contact details for someone who can help you sort out something to suit you.

FoxyLadyFlyer
20th Nov 2009, 10:48
You have a PM :D

ufcpa
21st Nov 2009, 00:13
Thanks for all of your responses. Foxy, I'll contact you in the next few days.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Universal vs. Baseops? I expect to receive a proposal from Baseops, and have been told by them that they'll offer substantial savings as compared to Universal. Thoughts on service level, location relationships, etc.?

Thanks.

FoxyLadyFlyer
23rd Nov 2009, 08:55
You're welcome - look forward to hearing from you....... :D

emmad
27th Nov 2009, 00:14
Arinc is in the handling business now. If their service is anywhere near the quality of the other businesses then UV, AR, BO, etc., might as well close their doors. What I have seen of their price quotes is very reasonable.