PDA

View Full Version : I Really Wish That I Hadn't Said That Either!

BEagle
13th Jul 2001, 02:21
Due to the inadequacy of the new PPRuNe software which seems to be rather like a BWoS MLU, the well-loved 'I Wish I Hadn't Said That' thread has had to be closed.

You can, however, link to it at http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=46&t=001138 .

[ 12 July 2001: Message edited by: BEagle ]

Man-on-the-fence
13th Jul 2001, 12:28
So a perfectly servicable bit of kit is updated with loads of new toys that nobody wants or needs. When it is introduced the said kit no longer does what it once did but the new toys work.

Hmmmm.... where have I heard that before. :rolleyes:

I Christen this new BB Software GR.4

Snapshot
13th Jul 2001, 12:48
Perhaps we should ask the PPRuNers to vote on whether they prefer the 'older' version (which was quicker, could find people, could locate old threads etc) to the 'newer' version which seems to have all the 'go faster stripes' but really does nothing for what this site was set up for, 'to communicate' with others!
Is it possible to get the old one back or has Danny 'had' to upgrade to the new software?

Top marks for Danny for trying to keep up with the times but my thoughts are 'If its not broken, why fix it?'
Personally, I would like the old one back.
Snaps.

[ 13 July 2001: Message edited by: Snapshot ]

L J R
13th Jul 2001, 16:16
I'm sure that good reasons exist for the 'upgrade'.

BUT

Like all dinosaur drivers, I vote for the old one.

Tir renrie
13th Jul 2001, 16:18
Why did the search facility have to go?

Do agree that Danny does a top job though,
lunch times are now spent with a smile !!
:)

PPRuNe Dispatcher
13th Jul 2001, 21:15
The previous version (5.47) of the bulletin board software was no longer supported, and we had a few serious bugs that needed fixing.

Thus we were forced to upgrade to the latest version (6.05) which we really didn't want to do. I'm also a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Search will be turned back on at some point...

---PPRuNe Dispatcher

JPJ
13th Jul 2001, 22:54
There is a large RAF facility (which doesn't own a runway) which is part of a town. The RAF has the Freedom, and there is an annual march.

The Mayor is duly entertained, and is customarily made an honorary member of the Mess.

Unfortunately , one mayor, who was an early-retired Trade Union stalwart, took this seriously, and for the next few years treated the Mess as his local, impressed as he was by the prices, and the quality of the service.

Good manners ruled, but tolerance was sometimes stretched...