PDA

View Full Version : Russian Army Documentary

Unwell_Raptor
21st Aug 2001, 22:46
The documentary on the Russian Army shown on UK television last night was one of two things; either it was a brilliantly staged disinformation exercise to allay fears about the Russians, or it showed a military machine which is almost totally disarrayed.

The scary bit, which nobody mentioned, is that these guys have custody of nuclear kit.

I don't know whether to be relieved or terrified - speaking as a civilian.

Mad Pax
21st Aug 2001, 23:05
Yes UR, I watched it with similar thoughts, but either way, what the hell is the Russian public affairs office thinking?
:eek:

BHP
21st Aug 2001, 23:12
Thought some of the 'training'incentives could be applied to our forces instead of new recruits being wet nursed!!!!

BEagle
21st Aug 2001, 23:14
Some years ago we had copies of "I serve the Soviet Union" - a propaganda series from Soviet TV.

It is interesting to se how standards have plummetted in every area. I suspect the only reason last night's programme was permitted was that someone high up had their palm greased!

The only blokes I felt sorry for (apart from the recruits being bullied) were the Major who was trying to sort things out and who was being snig gered at behind his back - and the poor sap who couldn't even build a fence properly or get hold of any paint!

At the end of the day, though, there are rather a lot of AK-toting youngsters in the Russian army............

(Edited because the stupid bloody censor had never heard of the word 's n i g g e r e d'!!)

[ 21 August 2001: Message edited by: BEagle ]

Constable Clipcock
25th Aug 2001, 01:03
...these guys have custody of nuclear kit.

How do you know they still have custody?