PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite line out of an aviation film?

Dannyboyblue
17th Nov 2009, 13:21
Bit of fun on an otherwise dreary week to come of no flying

We all know the classic ones from top gun, but whats your favorite line from any aviation film?

I have to say, without a doubt mine is from Flight of the intruder

Grafton: Well, this is the end of Devil Five- O - Five. Say goodbye, a@@hole!

Cole: Goodbye A@@hole!

Grafton: Eject, Eject, Eject!:}

My Next would have to be Michael cain sitting in a spitfire waiting to depart in Battle of Britain, but i will leave that one for someone else.

DBB

IO540
17th Nov 2009, 13:30
Not really a "line" but I like the one where Howard Hughes (DiCaprio) is running his hand along some woman's "part" and in the next scene he is running it along an airframe making sure the rivets are flush.

Dannyboyblue
17th Nov 2009, 13:36
Ah yes i remember that now, very good.

Was it the latest film or the original where he refused to fly because there were not enough clouds!!

FakePilot
17th Nov 2009, 13:38
Something about the Boeing 707 not reading manuals.

MoateAir
17th Nov 2009, 14:20
Classic......

Roger Murdock: Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Captain Oveur: What?
Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Tower voice: Over.
Captain Oveur: Roger.
Tower voice: Roger, over!
Roger Murdock: What?
Captain Oveur: Huh?
Victor Basta: Who?

dont overfil
17th Nov 2009, 14:24
"Treat your kite like you treat your woman. Get into her and take her to heaven and back five times a day"
Blackadder goes forth.
DO.

dont overfil
17th Nov 2009, 14:30
Blackadder again.
Picture Captain Flashart sitting down with his feet up on a kneeling Baldricks back.
"You tommys don't know what it's like to have the wind in your hair."
"Brrrrrrup"
"He does!"
DO.

BackPacker
17th Nov 2009, 14:32
Not from a film but from a book - The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

The scene is that Zaphod enters a field with derelict spacecraft. But one of those still seems intact. He enters and hears a voice:

"Transtellar Cruise Lines would like to apologize to passengers for the continuing delay to this flight. We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey. Meanwhile we thank you for your patience. The cabin crew will shortly be serving coffee and biscuits again."

[...]

...he suddenly caught sight of a giant departure board still hanging, but by only one support, from the ceiling above him. It was covered with grime, but some of the figures were still discernible. [...] 'Nine hundred years...' he breathed to himself. That's how late this ship was.

[...]

In every seat sat a passenger, strapped into his or her seat. The passengers' hair was long and unkempt, their fingernails were long, the men wore beards. All of them were quite clearly alive - but sleeping.

[...]

'You're the autopilot?' said Zaphod
'Yes,' said the voice from the flight console.
'You're in charge of this ship?'
'Yes,' said the voice again, 'there has been a delay. Passengers are to be kept temporarily in suspended animation, for their comfort and convenience. Coffee and biscuits are served every year, after which passengers are returned to suspended animation for their continued comfort and convenience. Departure will take place when the flight stores are complete. We apologize for the delay.'

[...]

'Delay?' he cried. 'Have you seen the world outside this ship? It's a wasteland, a desert. Civilization's been and gone, man. There are no lemon-soaked paper napkins on the way from anywhere!'
'The statistical likelihood, ' continued the autopilot primly, 'is that other civilizations will arise. There will one day be lemon-soaked paper napkins. Till then there will be a short delay. Please return to your seat.'

Always makes me smile when a delay to a flight is announced.

pistongone
17th Nov 2009, 14:40
Harrison Ford and Ann Heche crash land on a Tahitian Island after their Beaver is struck by lightning. Whilst out looking for water they argue and she accuses him of ogling. He says she isnt his type anyway. She asks why? His reply is brilliant. "your stubborn, self opinionated, stuck up..........and your arse is too narrow and your tits are too small":D She then asks him "do you want to know why your not my type?" He replies "NOPE!". The film is six days seven nights and a good bit of light entertainment. There are many witty exchanges throughout.

Cows getting bigger
17th Nov 2009, 15:26
Always - "My engine's on fire! Can you believe that? And I was in such a good mood!"

BofB - " Right! Let's get the hell out of here!"
"Where are we going, sir?"
"Why don't you follow me and find out?"

Apocalypse Now - "Charlie don't surf!"

Lister Noble
17th Nov 2009, 16:23
Flight of the Phoenix,when the aircraft designer in charge of making a flying machine from a wrecked aircraft in the desert,tells them after many weeks of hard work and anguish,that he only ever designed model aircraft.:}

vanHorck
17th Nov 2009, 16:33
Banzai !!!!!!

From Tora, Tora, Tora

eharding
17th Nov 2009, 16:39
"Repeat Please"

Repeatedly.

In a Polish accent.

'India-Mike
17th Nov 2009, 16:39
"No bucks, no Buck Rogers"

The Right Stuff:ok:

Dr Jekyll
17th Nov 2009, 17:02
From the Dambusters.

"This, is bloody dangerous".

Best said in a thoughtful tone and a broad Australian accent.

Crash one
17th Nov 2009, 17:10
"There's nobody to fly the plane!!!!" Airport 75?

what next
17th Nov 2009, 17:27
"Yippie-kai-yay, mother****er." Die Harder (or Die Hard 2)

and

"You pilots are such... men. "
"Well, they don't call it a "cockpit" for nothing. " The Concorde ... Airport '79

Saab Dastard
17th Nov 2009, 18:21
"Mitchells do fly in IMC" - eponymous. :ok::ok:

SD

tow1709
17th Nov 2009, 19:15
"They can't be lost, they're on instruments..."

cut to shot of Striker, the doctor, Elaine and Randy playing jazz in the aircraft aisle.

Dan Dare
17th Nov 2009, 19:40
I'm a sector controller - the lowest form of life

Gp Cpt Tiger Small in Angels One Five

fisbangwollop
17th Nov 2009, 19:44
Not from a film but real life........a few years back one of our Scottish high level sectors was giving re-route instructions to a Japanair flight entering Icelandic airspace....after 5 incorrect read backs the Japanair eventually got the route coreect and changed over to Icelandic control....out of the air came this dry laconic American voice saying " They didnt have that problem finding Pearl Harbour!!" :) :cool:

juliet india mike
17th Nov 2009, 19:49
"Spring chicken to sh*ite hawk in one easy lesson"

"Monkeys...."

"takatakatakataka!"

"Your ego's writing cheques your body can't cash"

"Left a bit, steady...right a bit steady, steady,steady, steady....bombs gone!"

gg190
17th Nov 2009, 21:21
Airplace again:

'He's a danger to the sky and everything in it......yea, birds to!'

destinationsky
17th Nov 2009, 21:27
10 year old boy: how do you take your coffee
10 year old girl: i like mine black... like my men!
or,
passenger: but doctor, surely they will be ok!?
Doctor: they will be fine... and dont call me shirley!

Airplane! Such a great film!

Cricket23
17th Nov 2009, 21:45
Remember the 'Carling Black Label' advert featuring the 'Dambusters'

Have a look here -> YouTube - Dambusters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKHc-U2FNHk)

I also like the line from 633 Squadron

"You can kill a pilot,
but you can't kill a squadron"

kevmusic
17th Nov 2009, 21:53
(John Gregson - weak, hesitant voice with Scottish accent) ".....Septic calling. This is....Septic calling". :D

The Fenland Flyer
17th Nov 2009, 21:53
Airplane is indeed a classic "looks like I picked the wrong day to give up sniffing glue"

sandbagsteve
17th Nov 2009, 22:00
don't want to hijack, but if this was titled "what's the most cheesy line in an aviation film"...

You can be my wingman anytime??? :ugh:

FlyingOfficerKite
17th Nov 2009, 23:39
You can teach monleys to fly better than that! (Battle of Britain)

It's not a 'plane, it's an aeroplane! (Reach for the Sky)

Steady, steady ... bomb gone (in a cool English accent) (Dambusters)

Airplane! (generally!)

Worst line - 'Copy that' - from many US films of late!

FOK

Sciolistes
18th Nov 2009, 04:02
"Shut up...in Polish!"

Goering "What do you need?"
Adolf Galland "Give me a squadron of Spitfires."

Bla Bla Bla
18th Nov 2009, 04:20
Air America,

After crashing through the canopy of the jungle and hanging their in the belts facing directly at the ground in a Huey.

" I thought you had this helicopter blessed this morning"

" I did but I had a feeling the monk wasn't concentrating"

And after them both discussing releasing their seat belts and falling to the ground via the cockpit window.

" Whats the procedure, who goes first"

" there's not really any hard and fast rules about crashing straight through a cockpit"

I think its this film that I grew up with that made be go the bush pilot route, fantastic.:ok:
YouTube - Helicopter Crash Scene from Air America (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPkgh8pH2xc&feature=related)

Just found it on you tube, amusing after the crash.

fisbangwollop
18th Nov 2009, 06:04
Actual footage here of Mil Low level helo at night.....tries to fly through gap in tree's.... the Commanders words " Oh yee of little faith"
:)

YouTube - Helo hits tree (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU-SAGrqxzA)

cabbage555
18th Nov 2009, 06:40
Sorry, not a line but I love the scene of the aircraft flying over the sand dunes in The English Patient.

Tmbstory
18th Nov 2009, 07:57
The lighting of matches during a critical approach.

From E.K.Gann Fate is the Hunter.

Tmb

astir 8
18th Nov 2009, 09:08
Gordon's alive!

Well there were blokes with feathers, a sort of flying jetski and a spaceship :ok:

Human Factor
18th Nov 2009, 14:14
"Please Lord, don't let me f**k up."

"Say again?"

"He said, "Everything is A-OK!""

The Right Stuff

Rod1
18th Nov 2009, 16:25
Viper: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees.

Rod1

24Carrot
18th Nov 2009, 20:16
Pretty hairy eh, sir?
Piece of cake.

And pedants may argue it's not a line, but even the sound of that Spitfire under the bridge...

gg190
18th Nov 2009, 20:57
From a little known Scottish sitcom 'The Highlife'

*Knocking on toilet door, opened by cabin steward*

Steward: Are you OK Captain Duff?
Captain: Well no I can't find the instruments or the ruddy co-pilot!
Steward: You're in the toilet sir!?
Captain: What the hell am I doing in there?
Steward: I don't know but I hope for your trousers sake you've finished!

Sir George Cayley
18th Nov 2009, 21:09
For the more mature reader some lines from "Those Magnificent Men in there Flying Machines" They go uptitty up, they go..........

There is nozzink a German Officer cannot do.

To the sewerage farm lads!

That's the problem with these international events - too many bloody foreigners.

Have you got a knife? You're not going to commit Hari Kari? No I'm going to cut myself out of this wreck.

So, you're American? No Ma'am I'm from Texas.

Choose your weapons! Balloons and Blunderbus.

Any more?

Sir George Cayley

treadigraph
18th Nov 2009, 22:06
Any more?

Ah, Brigitte!

What's the French for "give me the money?"

"You should know Courtney, she's your daughter." "But Sir, she's an innocent young girl!" "Was, Courtney, was..."

flugholm
19th Nov 2009, 03:53
Dr. Strangelove:

Major T. J. "King" Kong: Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

flugholm
19th Nov 2009, 03:58
And from the UFA film "F.P. 1 antwortet nicht", ca. 1930:

Hans Albers: "Wir Flieger sind eine ganz eigene Nation: Unsere liebste Jahreszeit ist das Frühstück!"

Dave Gittins
19th Nov 2009, 08:45
I'm with Saab Dastard on "Mitchells do fly in IMC" .. the description of the aeroplane in question.

" A Gentlemans aeronatical conveyance .. for dropping bombs of course"

DGG

TheGorrilla
25th Nov 2009, 23:58
Hale and Pace - Yorkshire Airlines.

Narrator: "Off on yer holls? Not sure who to fly with? Why don't you aye op and away with Yorkshire Airlines!.... Our Air Doris's are second to none and will give you the warmest of welcomes...."

Doris: "Aye up, aye up, wipe thay bloody feet, aye up...."

Narrator: "and our flight crew our the very best..."

Hale: "This is captain Boycott speakin', durin' flight I'll be flyin' at what ever bloody height I like, for as long as I bloody like cos I'm captain, right!..."

robin
26th Nov 2009, 08:28
Pretty hairy eh, sir?
Piece of cake.

:ok: Always watch that bit with a lump in the throat.....

Mechta
26th Nov 2009, 10:57
Capt Kazanski: A hell of a bird, I had her up to Mach 3 yesterday

FO: You were never going Mach 3 in a 727

Capt Kazanski: I was SHAVING with a Mach 3 yesterday. When you shave with a Mach 3, you've no time to think. If you think, you're dead...

Capt Kazanski: Bogey!!! Repeat Bogey!!! Coming up on our six, He's got tone!

FO: That's the 9:35 out of Tampa

If you haven't seen it:
ICEMAN - The Later Years from Nino - Video (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8afa50b440/iceman-the-later-years-from-nino)

BEagle
26th Nov 2009, 14:47
If you think we're going to gamble on Herr Hitler's guarantees, you're making a grave mistake. All those years in England seems to have left you none the wiser. We're not easily frightened. Also we know how hard it is for an army to cross the Channel. The last little Corporal who tried came a cropper. So don't threaten or dictate to us until you're marching up Whitehall... and even then we won't listen!

john ball
26th Nov 2009, 15:33
From the film 'Battle of Britain ' when the new Spitfire pilot forgets to put his undercarriage down, overshoots and then bounces on landing twice. When he walks in to the pilot hut the pilots sitting outside say '' you can teach monkeys to fly better than that'' also so many other classic lines in a very underated film in this day and age of computor generated pictures.

From the film ' Air america' when they are lost in low cloud flying the pilatus porter guy in the back says to the pilot ''we are VSF'' he looks back at him and requests explanation -- very seriously f****d !!

Tankertrashnav
26th Nov 2009, 17:17
Sorry, not a line but I love the scene of the aircraft flying over the sand dunes in The English Patient.

Agreed - always regretted going to watch that film as I regarded it as a waste of 2 hours of my life, but that at least was 30 seconds that wasn't wasted.

Still want my money back though :bored:

squeaker
26th Nov 2009, 18:15
"Always" again, when Richard Dreyfus runs out of fuel and is attempting to dead stick his A26 (I think) back to the runway..

"This is good, I was rusty on panic.."

Fareastdriver
26th Nov 2009, 19:48
EVERYTHING'S GOING TO BE OK.

Innumerable cockpit voice recorders.

Barksdale Boy
26th Nov 2009, 20:21
The Warlover

Steve McQueen and Love Interest walking through King's College Cambridge:

L.I. It must be wonderful to take off and see the dawn come up.

S.McQ. Dawns are for co-pilots.

D120A
26th Nov 2009, 20:23
On at least one Lightning squadron, the line from an aviation film most repeated (amidst much mirth) on walking out to fly was:

"Stick to me like glue!"

Ballymoss
26th Nov 2009, 22:06
And if you screw up just this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog **** out of Hong Kong

Something I've tried to avoid

Rgds
The Moss:ok:

ps I hated that film and have an equal dislike for that dwarf aswell.........

Blacksheep
27th Nov 2009, 09:12
Real Life. UH1 with tail rotor failure arrives without notice and does a high speed run onto the runway, sliding along in a shower of sparks.

Tower: Do you need assistance?
Pilot: Hell no! I ain't done crashing yet!

NutherA2
27th Nov 2009, 09:21
Another one from The War Lover

Shirley Anne Field to Steve McQueen:

"You can't make love, you're twisted". :eek:

Bla Bla Bla
27th Nov 2009, 11:01
Ballymoss,

That is a good line but I have to confess that flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog **** out of Hong Kong in this current market seems out of reach for me right now!

LAS1997
27th Nov 2009, 16:35
'You get me up to full throttle then wack me in reverse! You could damage my engine!'

A line from the 1970 movie 'Airport' when Dean Martin who played a Boeing 707 Captain of Trans Global Airlines (TGA) is trying to seduce Jacqueline Bisset who plays a very tasty Stewardess in her flat just before they go to the airport for their over night flight to Rome.

mr fish
27th Nov 2009, 19:01
from APOLLO 13,

jim lovell, "gentlemen, it's been a privilege flying with you".

a masterfully understated sign off which always brings a lump to my throat!!!

FlightlessParrot
28th Nov 2009, 06:11
A moment early in 'Tora! Tora! Tora!':
Woman instructor is teaching teenage student, early morning off Pearl Harbour. She slowly realises they are being surrounded by the Japanese strike force:
'All right, Johnny, I have control,' and steep dive out of there.

Lightning Mate
28th Nov 2009, 12:54
A single word from "Dambusters".

The codeword to inform of the successful breach of the Moehne dam.

L4key
28th Nov 2009, 13:12
My obligatory Airplane one:

Ted - Elaine, thanks to me, 10 good men didn't return from that mission...

Elaine - actually it's 11, llt commander Zip died this morning.

And, from Heli in F.M.Jacket... IIRC

Modine's character, shouted to Animal on door gun as flying over paddy fields spraying bursts of fire - 'Hey, how can you shoot women and children??'

Animal - 'Easy, just don't lead as much'

blue up
28th Nov 2009, 14:38
Ballymoss. Is this the bloke? Had him and Ms Diaz down the back on Friday. Cabincrew were a bit shy and wouldn't ask for a piccy until the end. Mr Cruise came to the pointy end and had a chat with us about aircraft. It appears he has bought a P51D!! Quite a pleasant chap to chat with.

During the flight out of Salzburg we were asked to expedite our climb (Prompting the call of "He's goin' ballistic, Mav!") and I managed to get in "I feel the need, the need for speed-brake".

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j279/foggythomas/tomcruiseandcamerondiaz1.jpg

JEM60
28th Nov 2009, 15:06
He has had a P.51 for some time now, and has soloed it. Hate to think what his Life Insurance people said!!!

suninmyeyes
28th Nov 2009, 15:15
In the 1955 film "Out Of The Clouds" James Robertson Justice is Captain of a Boeing Stratocruiser about to depart London Heathrow.

A keen dispatcher drives out to ascertain why the flight has not departed. Justice launches into him with a blistering dressing down along the lines of:

"Young man this aircraft will not lift one inch off the ground until I and my crew are entirely satisfied with it."

This clip was shown on my pre-command course. It led to interesting discussions on the Captain's authority and tone. Comments varied from "over the top" to "he let the dispatcher off lightly!"

Ballymoss
28th Nov 2009, 18:43
It appears he has bought a P51D!!

He has gone up ten fold in my estimations! I'm sure Mr Cruise is a far nicer
chap than the characters he plays. Perhaps my previous derogatory comments (although he is rather vertically challenged:hmm:) should be ignored.

Rgds
The Moss:ok:

India Four Two
29th Nov 2009, 02:28
From "Piece of Cake", where a psychiatrist is discussing Moggy with the CO:

"I don't know about the enemy, but he certainly scares me."

From "Chickenhawk", a great book, which should be a movie:

"Chief, there is a rivet missing here. Of course, with this bullet hole next to it, it probably doesn't matter."

blue up
29th Nov 2009, 06:27
Ballymoss. Cuban heels! I checked as he departed the flightdeck.

Anyways, has anyone got a transcript of the Monty Python skit about the Battle of Britain? Not quite a film clip but excellent none the less.

toolowtoofast
29th Nov 2009, 06:53
we were inverted

Krakatoa
29th Nov 2009, 11:06
Strategic Air Command when the Flight Engineer said....."starting number ten"......

Capt Chambo
29th Nov 2009, 11:14
Not a movie, but Capt. Eric Moody's alleged PA when all four engines flamed out on flight BA 009....

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get it under control. I trust you are not in too much distress.

Source:-Wikipedia

mcdhu
29th Nov 2009, 19:43
Many decades ago I was a copilot on military turboprops, one of the captains used to utter the following quote when things got exciting:

''Let's gun them motors major, Lootenant Fergus is gonna buzz the field!''

He never said where it came from.

Any ideas?

mcdhu

smo-kin-hole
29th Nov 2009, 20:45
The Spirit of St. Louis/ with Jimmy Stuart
He lands his beat-up Curtiss Jenny on the Army field to enlist. Some Sargent throws a fit about it. Then the Jenny blows a tire all by itself and a flying wire snaps. Says Stuart as he plays Charles Lindburg:

"Brittle, isn't she!"

I almost hit the floor laughing. You have to see it. On a historical note, Lindbergh really was told he'd have to pay to have his plane removed. He asked,"how much?" They said, "ten dollars." So he took a lighter and set it on fire. It burned to a small pile of OX-5 and some change. He repeated,"how much?" "Uh, five dollars."

Those were the days of wooden planes and iron men.

DA-10mm
30th Nov 2009, 03:50
I'm with India Mike:

only because I used the line from The Right Stuff, to explain my stupidity in accepting employment in Africa to my then girlfriend, when Alan Sheppard was being pursued/recruited for the space program on-board an aircraft carrier...

"sounds dangerous....count me in."

"my name jose jimenez..."

"who's the best pilot you ever saw...yer lookin' at 'im."

Fris B. Fairing
30th Nov 2009, 05:17
Due to a Cetcil wind, Dystor's vectored us into a 360-tarson of slow air traffic. Now we'll maintain this Borden hold until we get the Forta Magnus clearance from Melnics.

Capt Vernon Demerest (Dean Martin) to a precocious passenger in "Airport" 1970

Nice goin sweetheart.

Joe Patroni (George Kennedy) to Boeing 707 N324F in "Airport" 1970

henry crun
30th Nov 2009, 05:59
Wild Bill Kelso; "Fill her up! Ethel! "

AutopilotEngage
30th Nov 2009, 06:40
"This is your captain speaking. I have good news and bad news. The
good news is that we will be landing immediately."
[everyone claps]
"The bad news is, we're crash landing."

From Madagascar 2

hornet1068
30th Nov 2009, 07:47
" Welcome to Earth ", Will Smith, Independance Day, After punching the alien who made him plough his plane into a canyon wall.

hornet1068
30th Nov 2009, 14:37
Another good line. Young boy on roof shouts, " P51, Cadillac of the skies "
Film, Empire of the sun.

Tankertrashnav
2nd Dec 2009, 22:15
Just been watching "Pearl Harbour" (dreadful film) when one boy pilot played by some actor I've never heard of says to the other boy pilot played by another actor I've never heard of, "I think World War 2 just started" (7 Dec 41)

hmmmmmmmm

fdcg27
2nd Dec 2009, 23:39
"Battle of Britain" is one of my all time favorites.
I recall a line where an RAF officer, his airfeild under attack gives an order to "Scuttle the wounded ducks", at which point non-flying Hurricaines are splashed with fuel and set alight.
Another really good line is from Flying magazine, from an issue dedicated to the fiftieth aniversary of the Battle of Britain.
A German officer is quoted as saying "The Hurricaine was a good airplane-to shoot down".

evansb
3rd Dec 2009, 01:27
Movie: Strategic Air Command. Actor: Jimmy Stewart. Line: "...push over for jet penetration!" JET PENETRATION!

PPRuNeUser0139
3rd Dec 2009, 07:33
Denys Finch-Hatton (aka Redford) lands in his Gypsy Moth and yells for Karen Blixen (Meryl Streep) to climb in..

She asks "When did you learn to fly..?"

DF-H: "Yesterday..."

Double Zero
7th Dec 2009, 20:04
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned from THAT film ;

" I've got bogeys all over me ! "

Treble one
7th Dec 2009, 20:18
I think it's something like this....

Sqn Ldr 'Skipper' to Snowdrop with Luftwaffe airmen on heavily bombed airfield - Where are you taking those vultures?

Snowdrop - Officers to the mess, NCO's to the guardroom sir.

Skipper - Well they made this bloody mess, get them to clear it up!

Snowdrop - But what about the officers sir?

Skipper - Give them a bloody shovel!

In case you didn't know, the character of 'Skipper' was based on 'Sailor' Malan.

Malaysian28
7th Dec 2009, 20:47
"Negative Ghost Rider the Pattern is Full" :D

Warmtoast
8th Dec 2009, 09:27
Dr Strangelove

From Stanley Kubrick's 1963 film Dr Strangelove:

“You can’t fight in here, gentlemen; this is the War Room”

Dop
8th Dec 2009, 09:50
"I'd rather be a pig than a fascist" - Porco Rosso

skytrain10
8th Dec 2009, 12:55
From Airport 1970....the scene as Patroni gets the stranded 707 out of the rut:
Observer: "The instruction book said that was impossible."
Patroni: "That's one nice thing about the 707. It can do everything BUT read"
They don't make them like that any more!

one11
8th Dec 2009, 14:12
I suppose its strictly off thread as the key sequence of this introductory sequence is wordless.......an 8th AAF officer revisits his old base after buying the one time squadron mascot in a London antique shop....

YouTube - Twelve O'Clock High (Opening) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi2NwU38NzA)

Malaysian28
8th Dec 2009, 16:58
"Stand Up & Hook Up"

Prior to Jumping out a DC-3.

Mike7777777
8th Dec 2009, 20:16
Can the complete Dambusters' script be counted as an extended line?

JEM60
9th Dec 2009, 08:55
Also Airport. 707 Capt to Patroni after bogging down his aircraft. Something like 'you can't talk to me like that, I've got more that 1,000,000 miles in the air!!!. ' Patroni's reply 'yes, and three feet in the ground!!'

cml387
9th Dec 2009, 19:46
From "People like us - airline pilots".

While explaining the glass cockpit to the reporter:

"what we've got here, for instance is the artificial horizon.
See the little aircraft there?
If I press this button on the control column I can shoot it down".

Reporter talking to cc:

"What would you think is the most difficult part of the job that you do?"

"Well it's a bit like being on the stage"

"You mean with all the makeup....?

Double Zero
9th Dec 2009, 20:00
" I've got the best seat in the house ! " from a passenger casually mentioning the tear in the floor/s right by his feet after a missile attack ( heat seeking missile bravely put off course by Concorde co-pilot OPENING THE WINDOW, leaning out & firing a Verey gun - and this was supposed to be serious, no wonder they made ' Airplane '!

Mac the Knife
9th Dec 2009, 20:17
Major T. J. "King" Kong (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001620/): Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Akrotiri bad boy
10th Dec 2009, 07:16
Goose you big hunk; take me to bed or lose me forever. :eek:

Crusher1
10th Dec 2009, 09:30
Con Air:

"If only you'd given me the bunny"

Rhys Perraton
12th Dec 2009, 02:12
Anything and everything from The Magnificent Men is wonderful.

Not strictly an aviation film but from "Into the Storm", about the Sir Winston Churchill war years.
"Bomber" Harris arrives for a meeting with Churchill in his magnificent
4 1/2 litre Lagonda tourer. Asked how the drive was he says that he got stopped for speeding and the constable told him he might have killed someone.
Harris replied...
" Young man, I kill thousands of people every night ".

Tankertrashnav
12th Dec 2009, 08:27
Favourite line when watching an aviation film (not in the film itself). Happened about 20 minutes into the execrable remake of "The Flight of the Phoenix". (The original is one of my all-time favourites).

Mrs TTN - "Are you seriously going to sit and watch any more of this rubbish?"

I didn't.

purplehelmet
15th Dec 2009, 22:08
(rane bursts into the cockpit)
who's in charge?
(capt whitehurst)
i am.
(rane shoots whitehurst and says to the f.o. who's in charge?)
f.o. says you are.
(rane) excellent.

kluge
16th Dec 2009, 08:41
Dick Dastardly (http://www.pprune.org/name/nm0934593/): Muttley! Doooooo sooomethiiiiiinnnggg!

[theme song]
Dick Dastardly (http://www.pprune.org/name/nm0934593/): Stop the pigeon, / Stop the pigeon, / Stop the pigeon, / Stop the pigeon, / Stop the pigeon, / Stop the pigeon. / Owwwww, nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him, stop that pigeon now!

Dick Dastardly (http://www.pprune.org/name/nm0934593/): [after every attempt fails] Drat! And Double Drat!

Dick Dastardly (http://www.pprune.org/name/nm0934593/): [Every time Klunk speaks to Dastardly] What'd he say? What'd he say?

and of course Muttley's snigger :ok:

rainsux
16th Dec 2009, 11:51
Rock Hudson's character says,

"We're on a first name basis here. My name is Captain."

Loki
19th Dec 2009, 11:45
"Malta Story"

Alec Guiness in his PR Spitfire about to be bounced by numerous ME109s "this could get tricky"

"Top Gun"

Back seater to Tom Cruise "Come on Maverick, give me some of that pilot ****"

Mechta
20th Dec 2009, 11:24
Not from a film, but from the 'Junkyard' pinball machine which I 'babysit' for a friend, who collects them and has run out of space:

"You're going down, FLYBOY!!!"

NWSRG
20th Dec 2009, 12:24
"I've personally flown over a hundred-ninety-four missions and I was shot down in every one of 'em. Come to think of it, I've never landed a plane in my life."
- Admiral Benson (Hot Shots!)

rogerk
20th Dec 2009, 13:18
Holy ****, she's a gook assassin, lemme nail that bitch, ****, I’m hit, I’m hit, I’m OK, Mayday, mayday, I’m going in

radar101
9th Jan 2010, 20:08
Has to be Susannah York in B of B:

"Don't you shout at me Mr Warwick!

chevvron
10th Jan 2010, 18:52
Dam Busters:
'Can I have your egg if you don't come back'?