PDA

View Full Version : Zambezi Airlines, Lusaka

flareman
17th Nov 2009, 08:38
Can anyone please update me on how the Zambezi Airlines operation is running?
I hope a lot of the old Q3 staff found jobs!

Also curious as to how the link up with Proflight is working.

Finally what is the truth about the demise of Zamfari?

Thanks and greetings to all of you in Zambian aviation

four engine jock
17th Nov 2009, 08:42
They seem to be doing ok. Know a few guys flying for them and they say all well.

sicamore
18th Nov 2009, 07:03
Zambezi's doing ok with their fair share of hurdles. But seems like the passengers are picking up some. Their service is great, prices good and food awesome.

Alliance is going well as well - and expanding so I hear.

Zamfari, is dead and buried. The owner left the country in a great hurry and not long after sent a long letter to everybody in the industry and beyond, on how he was bringing world class operations to Zambia, but everybody got in his way and made it difficult for him, and how Zambia was such a waste of time etc etc. Making himself appear like a saint all the way through.

So, no more flight training in Zambia.

Topper Dee
21st Nov 2009, 08:57
Good luck Zambezi! Hope it continues to improve for you...

Good riddance Zamfari. Crooks like that (get Googling, guys) are not welcome here. Skipping town to run away from former clients is shameful. He shafted himself with the letter. After criticising the DCA like that and copying them in on the letter, how are they going to get export CofA's, de registration etc.????

Welshboyo
22nd Nov 2009, 14:51
Hey there Topper,

You dont post often, but you realy do have it in for Zamfari, what did they do to you? did you work there or something? did you fall out with them?

So, tell us all the history? you cant be this nasty without a reason?

From what i hear, quite a few people are missing Zamfari, and the students have all ben paid back for any pre-payments, and i also hear on the grapevine that they may look to re-open the school at sometime next year.

Maybe you could get your job back then, or were they not happy with you?

gerpols
22nd Nov 2009, 16:43
Welshboyo, I couldnīt agree with you more.
If you want to **** on one, than at least give us the reason why, so that we can all learn from your experience.

By the way welsboyo, my mother was born in Carmarthen !!
Wales for ever.

Gary

Mukosha
29th Nov 2009, 14:09
Zambezi - Great bunch of people doing a fantastic job. The service makes SAA look like a budget airline. I really hope they keep going. They have improved their loads and things are looking up.

ProFlight - Tie up is working a charm

Zamfari - To be clear everyone has NOT been refunded what they were owed and everyone has NOT been able to get hold of their training files which is hurting them a lot. The owner was always pleasant enough to chat to but he forgot one critical rule when working in Africa, though I imagine it stands true anywhere... Respect People who are in positions and don't swear at them. Anyone who spent time in the same airspace as him would know what I mean.

Carrier
29th Nov 2009, 14:20
Quote: "So, no more flight training in Zambia."

Is the Nchanga Flying Club at Kasompe airfield, Chingola still operating? They used to provide training in a C172.

The ZAF also used to train its pilots at Livingstone in small Saabs. Is there no training now for ZAF pilots?

What has happened to ZASTI at Lusaka? A few years ago they had a C150 or C152 operating and were attempting to get an Aztec back on line.

gerpols
29th Nov 2009, 16:36
Mukosha,

Please explain:

Tie up is working a charm.

What does that mean in plain English ?

Gary