PDA

View Full Version : Zurich one night lay over

ab33t
15th Nov 2009, 16:07
Hi I have a one night lay over in Zurich on Tuesday night any help on a afordable place to sleep close to the airport. Any help would beappreciated .
Thanks

clivewatson
15th Nov 2009, 17:00
try Booking.com: 73000+ hotels worldwide. Book your hotel now! (http://www.booking.com)

there are plenty to choose from, and you may choose your own price range.

ab33t
15th Nov 2009, 17:33
Thanks have looked at that already . I was asking more from a pilots perspective as Im a freelance corporate pilot and have to pay my own expenses and any saving is worth looking at .

FlyMD
15th Nov 2009, 18:49
Very close to the airport, in Kloten, there are 3 nice middle-class affordable hotels: Allegra, Welcome-Inn, and Fly-away.. they have shuttles operating to the airport and will pick you up at the GAC...

Kloten is not Zurich downtown of course, but all 3 hotels are within very close walking distance to the train station, from which there are 2 trains per hour to Zurich downtown, only about 12' away...

Hotels in dowtown Zurich will be expensive, disappointing, or both..

Hope this helps..

mini-jumbo
15th Nov 2009, 19:16
If you stay in Kloten, I can highly recommend the pizzaria there (right next to the Fly-away Hotel).

Gulfstreamaviator
16th Nov 2009, 09:37
Thats the question.

The Pizza is excellent, I agree, and I think they have free internet, can not remember, been long time.

Also Migros, does great meals, just round the corner.

glf

lepremier
16th Nov 2009, 09:47
Would just like to confirm what FlyMD writes about the hotels around Kloten....especially the Allegra. A friend of mine uses it quite regularly and is very happy with it. It's right next to the Kloten Bahnhof so ideal for getting into the City if you have the time...and money of course!
A good restaurant close by is the Lowen, it's just down the road from the station more or less opposite the Post Office. Nice ambience and very good food 'tho not the cheapest on the block.
Good luck....

ab33t
16th Nov 2009, 11:25
Thanks everyone this really helps

asdf1234
16th Nov 2009, 11:36
AB33T,

Agree Kloten is the closest place to the airport but if you don't mind the extra couple of minutes into town I can recommend The Ascot Hotel. I've enjoyed too many nights to remember at the Ascot (well over a 100) - great bar food, very friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Right by Zurich Enge train station. Again not the cheapest but certainly the best value!

FlyMD
16th Nov 2009, 12:24
For the free internet, walk down from any of the 3 hotels 2 minutes to the "Kloten square", the new red-brick buildings, and have a coffee or a little sushi or a glass of wine at any one of the bars. The "guest" wifi network is free.

Der_Fischmeister
16th Nov 2009, 12:27
well all good Hotels have free Shuttle ,i can recommend the NH which is like 9 minutes with their shuttle bus .
around this hotel are a few restaurants ,free wifi and a nice little wellness with sauna ..cheers

oz_faf81
16th Nov 2009, 15:56
Hi,

I would recommend the Radisson BLU, something like 500 meters from the GAC. Free WiFi, 2 restaurants, Fitness room...
Very good! We always stay there.

silverware
16th Nov 2009, 18:07
Radisson Blu is good, i can recommend it too.
Don't be all sad by eating a pizza, go treat yourself to a very, very good Italian meal at:

Ristorante BINDELLA
In Gassen 6
8001 Zürich

captainmorgan888
16th Nov 2009, 22:39
i also like the radisson, new hotel/rooms, very close, or the mövenpick (free shuttle) and it´s worldfamous for it´s beef tatare !

- jetaviation has special rates in some...

oz_faf81
17th Nov 2009, 21:25
jetaviation has special rates in some...

For sure they have some for the Radisson, the Movenpick and the Allegra.

g4phil
19th Nov 2009, 19:44
Swiss Star Kloten, Zurich Airport
Obstgartenstrasse 24, 8302 Kloten

CHF 100 Per night for a 1 bed roomed studio / apartment, walking distance from Jet and Execujet.