PDA

View Full Version : CAVU EFB vs Ultra Nav

PorcoRosso
14th Nov 2009, 19:59
Bonjour all !

Am asked to find the best planning software tool for our private ops, and I need some feedback about those 2 products .
What are the pros and cons ?
thanks for your input

Best Regards

mutt
15th Nov 2009, 05:14
Both of them are about the same cost and run on the same type of platforms, so you have to set other selection criteria, I like to be able to check the values from any type of software against the AFM, usually the easiest and probably only way is to check against the individual charts in the AFM, unfortunately, UN uses something called True Flight Path which i was unable to check. I also have reservations about how UN calculated obstacles clearance.

Knowing that we had to justify the calculation methodology to our CAA, we selected CAVU.

But i would ask why you want either software? Do you have the support structure to calculate required obstacle gradients for ALL of your airports? Or is the aircraft powerful enough whereas it wont be affected if you follow the SID gradient?

Mutt

PorcoRosso
15th Nov 2009, 22:17
Hi Mutt

Thank you for your input

Actually, we gonna operate privately, with minimum exterior support regarding ops . We prefer to "handle" the W&B & T/O performance criteria. Hence the need of a quick, but accurate tool to make the computations.
An investigation on the CAVU website was very interesting, but it's still self promotion, and an objective user's point of view will be appreciated ;)