PDA

View Full Version : Raising Cash

Up Very Gently
28th Jul 2001, 02:03
A couple of colleagues and I are looking at doing a bit of a "Charridy" hike type thing in the Far East next year, in aid of kiddies etc. The snag is that need to raise £2500 each to enter.

But, being a bit of a lazy get, I can't be arsed to go knocking on doors for sponsorship and stuff, so would like some ideas or advice from anyone who has raised lots of cash in the past. Is seeking corporate sponsorship a good (ie easy) way of doing it? If so, who are sympathetic (and generous) people to approach?

Any (semi-sensible) advice would be most helpful. Thanks.

UVG :D

[ 27 July 2001: Message edited by: Up Very Gently ]

Mowgli
28th Jul 2001, 15:36
Try "The Securities Institute" in the city. They're city lads/gents who know how to throw a good party and once the fizzy stuff's done it's job can be quite generous with the readies for a good cause.

E mail me for a contact name there.

Dragonspet
30th Jul 2001, 21:12
Up Gently,
Going the cooperate fund raising route is the easiest method I know of generating revenue quickly. I would suggest contacting the Human Resources department for direction as to whom to contact. Additionally depending on your time frame Charity Golf tourneys are easy to set up and will always generate interest, using halve the money for token prizes and the other going toward sponsoring your trip.
Good luck.