PDA

View Full Version : Any work in Poland ?

N42ER
14th Nov 2009, 02:10
Does anyone know of any flying jobs that would base you out of Warsaw? Thanks.

TheOne83
14th Nov 2009, 22:38
hi there!

Apparently Wizzair is looking for people according to their website, non rated and rated first officers A320, good luck :ok:

Wizz Air (http://wizzair.com/career/pilots)

AirChaser
15th Nov 2009, 00:12
If you are rated on A32O you can give it a shot. If not, I don't think you can stand a chance. I've heared they already have hundreds if not thousands of applications.

I was planing to convert my FAA and join the waiting line (no A320 TR , no airline experience) but, I just don't know if it makes any sense to spend some big $ with only slight chance for an interviw with Wizz.

N42ER
15th Nov 2009, 01:40
some of their qualifications are listed are:
Frozen ATPL (or national/ICAO licence + performance A course);
· MCC + JET FAMILIARIZATION COURSE... What exactly do they mean by "or national/ICAO license + performance A course"?

mad_jock
15th Nov 2009, 07:38
It means any ICAO license but you must have done jet aircraft performance exam. In the UK we used to have a performance exam for each class of aircraft they were called pref A, Pref B etc. Now under JAR we do the whole lot under one perf exam.

It means that they will be well over subscribed as its open to all the major countries which usually have to jump through hoops to work in europe. I Suspect they have worded it like that so they can get pilots in from the Asia who will work for peanuts.

N42ER
15th Nov 2009, 15:45
So am I to understand that an FAA ATP that qualified undr ICAO would qualify? What further would be required beyond the FAA ATP? It seems to me that this route into working in Europe is different/easier than getting a full FAA/JAA conversion, which would require over a dozen written exams, additional training and flight exams, etc...

Is their pay terrible?

What exactly is this "jet perfemance exam". I haven't heard of it before.

AirChaser
15th Nov 2009, 16:32
Does anyone know what is the cost of jet performance course, and how long does it take to get that course done?

I currently hold FAA CPL+IR+ME and have around 420TT with only 20ME.

Is there any chance they would at least take a look at my application?

Thanks.

mad_jock
15th Nov 2009, 16:34
I presume so.

But the logistics of getting a work permit I haven't a clue about.

I wouldn't imagine it will be a backdoor into being able to work in Europe. If you do get a work permit it will only be valid for Poland and not any other country.

N42ER
15th Nov 2009, 23:24
I am on path towards Polish citizenship/work rights within the EU within 2 years time. By then I'll have ATP/ME/IF etc with airline experience, about 5000 hrs flight time and maybe 4000 hours multi engine turbine time on Dash 8 (50 pax ac @ about 43,000lbs)...so basically the issue I'm trying to work out is the conversion of my FAA ratings to anything that would be acceptable to anyone over in Europe so that I would be able to live in Warsaw. I'm somewhat excited at even the possibility that there is a somewhere that allows for an more doable path.
So is their situation one where you would only be good to work in Poland for that company?
I too am wondering about how to get this jet exam done...

Dr Eckener
16th Nov 2009, 18:40
Wizzair - closing date for applications 5th Oct 2009.

captain_rossco
17th Nov 2009, 15:35
One Brit to Poland, 2 million Poles to Britain.

What a swap.

act700
19th Nov 2009, 16:30
Yeah cpt. rossco, but keep in mind, that the one Brit was probably some ugly, drunk dude, where out of the 2 million poles to britain, 1.5 million were hot chicks!!!

The way I see it, Britain made out on that deal, :E

donPablo
19th Nov 2009, 21:13
Guys, there was 1500 aplications of which 500 from Poland only. JAA is a must anyway... rumours say that the recruitment was over before it even started...

Stuck_in_an_ATR
26th Nov 2009, 10:46
One Brit to Poland, 2 million Poles to Britain.

What a swap. 16thNovember 2009 19:40

Yeah buddy - please bear in mind though, that the most of Poles go to Britain to do stuff like washing dishes, construction work, etc... I don't know any that fly A320's there... Are U sure, you want to swap?

N42ER - nobody knows what's gonna happen in 2 years. The job market in Poland was awesome 2 years ago (anybody who had fATPL and 200 hrs had 2-3 employers begging him to fly for them), now it's as bad as anywhere else... Anyway, if the crisis is over and you have the required paperwork, getting a job with 5000hrs shouldn't be a problem...