PDA

View Full Version : Which AIRLINES recently for RAF pilots?

LAVDUMPER
27th Jul 2001, 21:17
Just a few questions regarding RECENT airline recruiting among RAF pilots:

For those of you still flying for the RAF or military service, which airlines have your friends or co-workers joined in the recent months?

Which aircraft fleets have they joined directly?

Are they happy with airline flying after the transition?

Just curious. Cheers

BEagle
27th Jul 2001, 23:19
BA, Virgin Atlantic, Emirates, Cathay cargo, JMC, bmidlandishbrit or whatever the hell British Midland call themselves now, Airtours, Brymon, AirWales.......

...and they all regret not having left earlier.

Can't recall many being posted within the RAF - except a couple to CFS!!

QUIFFI
28th Jul 2001, 12:06
Those that know me!! We are recruiting for next spring. Ask Beagle - he'll give you my number or e-mail address. :cool:

BEagle
28th Jul 2001, 12:50
But Freddy - if you unblocked your e-mail, they could contact you direct, mate! It is still 'freddy.mercury'@virgin.net isn't it?

Shall put the word around at work - but we're getting pretty short of people now....

Any news about when you'll be getting the A330??

rotor tree
28th Jul 2001, 22:21
Several rotary chaps went to Air 2 bob, which seems like a home for retired helo pilots now. JMC also quite popular. I understand that BA now taking direct entry ex-rotary mates.... :)

albert
29th Jul 2001, 04:56
If you're not 38 and can fill out the stupid application form, than you'd be a fool not to apply to BA. Otherwise if you want an easy life, go for Virgin!!!

gonadz
31st Jul 2001, 16:28
Suggest you avoid Virgin if you are after the easy life - at least on the Classic. :eek:

ET
31st Jul 2001, 23:24
Gonadz

Long time no hear! Please drop an email :cool: