PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea to sue after flight on Chartered Jet...

AussieAndy
13th Nov 2009, 12:44
I just saw this on Yahoo Sport - can anyone shine some light on who it was that arranged this and what they flew on?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13112009/58/premier-league-paper-round-chelsea-sue.html

I am aware that Chelski insist on Jet only Aircraft for their team whereas the likes of Fulham FC are proud clients of Eastern Airways' SAAB 2000's however, I have no idea regarding the FA.

Gulfstreamaviator
13th Nov 2009, 12:51
Owned by the same Russian, so perhaps they used his bigger aircraft to cover his boys travel.

But what a shame, seats not reclining in to sleeper beds, just what is the world coming to.

Perhaps a 1011 would have been spacious enough.

glf

Phil Brockwell
13th Nov 2009, 13:26
It's all smoke and mirrors, there's nothing wong with his leg, he's just come back for medical at Portsmouth.

chevvron
13th Nov 2009, 15:19
Chelsea usually use a CRJ or Emb145 for Premiership away matches, but the flights would be 1 hour max. I believe they fly scheduled when overseas, so maybe they got booked with O'Leary's by mistake.

AircraftOperations
13th Nov 2009, 23:56
England regularly fly Titan. Think it was a 757 they took from LTN this time.

Titan are regular carriers of various premiership teams domestically and internationally, including Chelsea, so I can't believe that there would be a particular problem with this flight.
Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.

SWBKCB
14th Nov 2009, 06:45
Except that Doha is a lot further than the usual domestic or international destination - if the aircraft used was in standard European charter config not surprised there were problems.

Don't think I'd be too impressed, never mind professional athletes.

hollingworthp
14th Nov 2009, 20:39
They get paid enough each week. Clearly they have deep pockets but short arms. If you are that worried then dig deep and cough up for a bizjet.

Evanelpus
17th Nov 2009, 14:43
Clearly, Frank wanted to spend more time with the One Show totty!!

cptK
18th Nov 2009, 00:13
Frankly pathetic, oh dear poor old Frank Lampard... Why don’t these over paid winging footballers get a real job, and as for Chelsea stop making excuses. I’m sorry but to sue a charter company £900,000 is just utter :mad:

chevvron
19th Nov 2009, 09:47
Fat Frankie ate too many pies again; his stomach couldn't be accomodated in a 33in pitch.
(Comes to something when even Thierry Henry has to resort to 'Chelsea' tactics to win a match; Drogba tried a similar trick in a match against Fulham; he got caught and Chelsea lost!)