PDA

View Full Version : FireFly Airlines

Polesapart
13th Nov 2009, 11:53
Hi guys,

Just wondering what the story is with FireFly Airlines in Malaysia. Are they hiring Captains? Whats the money like? Do they hire Ex-pats?

Cheers,

Poles

ZFT
13th Nov 2009, 12:56
Yes, there's at least one regular posting expat PPRuNe Capt at Firefly

peterporker
13th Nov 2009, 15:07
Any chance that anyone could post a link to Firefly HR/recruiting or post a link to their employment/pilot application page? What is the best way to apply with Firefly as an expat?

Cruiseclimb
14th Nov 2009, 00:23
There's this thing called the internet.....

Sorry, couldn't resist.. If you google the company, it connects you to their website. They have a career page with an email address for HR. They operate a couple of ATRs.

peterporker
14th Nov 2009, 03:23
LOL.......ok,I deserved that. I guess a better question would be: Does Firefly use an agency for expat recruitment or is all recruitment done directly through them? Also is all employment "permanent" or are there contracted jobs available?

Polesapart
15th Nov 2009, 17:52
ZFT, care to elaborate? Im really interested in this company, I have been on their website but I would like to know terms and conditions, and roster patterns. Ive lived in Malaysia before and would love to go back.

ZFT
15th Nov 2009, 22:01
No, it's really up to him if he wants to divulge any details.

squarecrow
3rd Dec 2009, 02:52
From what I know: Keep away unless desperate, Many stories of Shafted Pilots told broken dreams about pay and conditions there.
You have been warned.

kwaiyai
5th Dec 2009, 03:28
:mad: No comments on that one

ozthai
5th Dec 2009, 04:16
Seems like there is NO airline in SE Asia which has any sort of integrety.

What happened to good old fashioned honesty and sticking to agreements.

Soinds like Malasia is the same as Thailand.

"The lands of dissapointment".

I have given up on getting excited about anything that looks promising in Thailand. Avoid dissapointment that way.

ZFT
5th Dec 2009, 07:29
Did that sandy opportunity materialise?

ozthai
5th Dec 2009, 08:42
Yes got in did the job and got out.

Then had to come home and push them to get paid !