PDA

View Full Version : Piano

jumpseater
11th Jul 2001, 10:30
Piano for sale £150.00 or near offer.

Suitable for:

A: Playing.

B: Setting Fire to.

C: Throwing out the back of a flying machine.

Please e-mail with any offers, and if anyone takes it and uses it for C above, please may I come and watch?

Jozza
11th Jul 2001, 12:19
Remember, RESPECT the piano, it's given a lot of people happy times and happy memories.

No kicking the piano while it burns. It will fall when it is ready.

Signed the Piano Burning society of the Secret Fife Airbase..... :confused:

Snapshot
11th Jul 2001, 13:48
Pay for such a divine right as to go up like hundreds before. Have respect my friend, donate your trusty ivories to the Royal Air Force, where there might, 'just', be some tradition left to behold?
An excuse can ALWAYS be found for a sacrifice.
A fine ending to a 'grand' life!
The final chapter of 'Joanna' from 208
http://members.tripod.co.uk/AvCollect/pprune/piano_pprune.jpg
Faces blacked to protect the culprits
Snappers. www.BlackburnBuccaneer.co.uk (http://www.BlackburnBuccaneer.co.uk)

Ex Douglas Driver
13th Jul 2001, 01:51
Yep don't mess with the piano when she's on fire.
Mate down here in enzed decided to try and kick it over when fully aflame and promptly got his foot stuck in the strings.
A 90 degree turn entrapped his foot further, and when he tried to pull it out down came the whole show on his back.
Rapid sobriety ensued and thankfully a few lads clothed in zoomers were able to lift off the frame that was over his back and legs.
Deep second degree burns over reasonably large area and 4 months off flying.

STAY AWAY FROM THE FLAMES!!!

BEagle
13th Jul 2001, 02:09
A bloke tried to drive his clapped out Morris 1100 through the blazing wreckage of a piano at Scampton in about 1978. However, the 'day' end of a Day/Night flare through his window soon stopped him - he couldn't see a damn thing except dense orange smoke!

Strobin' Purple
13th Jul 2001, 02:22
Hey Jumpseater, if that's all they cost why did Benson mess charge all 33 Sqn aircrew £28 each for torching Andy Crous' fave joanna. I've been done.

Would've only been about £5 each if the attendant bemused Blunts had chipped in for the spectacle. Still they made the most of the free beer. Chisellers!

notarmy
13th Jul 2001, 04:02
....why did Benson mess charge all 33 Sqn aircrew £28 each for torching.....

cos they can?

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
14th Jul 2001, 19:21
Further to Beagle's vehicular piano incident (wasn't there myself but maybe there's a ppruner out there who was)

Chap at Cranwell decided to drive a car through the burning piano but ended up with the piano stuck under the front of the car...and he had front wheel drive.

Albert on Tour
18th Jul 2001, 22:01
You all know the punchline to this before I even start, but here goes anyway.

Out in RAF(U) Goose Bay in the mid eighties, our staish bent over backwards to make the place a little more than just an alcoholics paradise.
One of these efforts was to get hold of an upright piano in the UK and get it shoved on the back of a Herc. Said piano was a little tatty, so the staish got the unit painter & finisher to tart it up a bit. Which is exactly what he did, he lovingly sanded it down and put several coats of varnish on it, even had a go at tuning it, a job well done. C$200 found it's way from misc mess expenses to the painters back pocket.

I don't know why I'm bothering to type, because you all know that the first Tornado Sqn to visit that spring, set fire to it and threw it out of the window.