PDA

View Full Version : Ceremonial Swords loan

StopStart
27th Jul 2001, 13:49
Not an aviation subject but don't care.

Does anyone know where I can get the loan of a couple of swords and belts for a wedding other than High Wycombe and Innsworth?

Llademos
27th Jul 2001, 17:04
Try Brampton - that's where I got mine from

only1leftmate!
27th Jul 2001, 18:46
P1 ceremonial, Brampton. Your friendly Admin officer should be able to give you the gen. You will be required to take out insurance for them as they cost about 1 grand each. Good luck!

Gainesy
27th Jul 2001, 20:21
Ah, Lyneham to get cutting-edge technology at last.

MaxDrift
27th Jul 2001, 23:02
SS
Why not try Tech Stores at Cranditz? Last time I tried they held about 15 or so. :)

The Scarlet Pimpernel
27th Jul 2001, 23:12
Brampton were v. helpful for my wedding...just park as close as you can get to the door though! ;)

StopStart
28th Jul 2001, 03:08
Cheers for the pointers guys - I'll give Brampton a try on Monday.

Ta!

BEagle
28th Jul 2001, 10:39
Stoppers - couldn't you just borrrow the one which someone senior on your base has fallen on recently? Might have to wipe the blood off first though!

Tonkenna
28th Jul 2001, 15:17
Stopstart,

If you ring P1 Ceremonial at Binnsworth they will order them for you, Cranwell don't hold them , but Digby (the little Station just down the road, on the right before Waddo) does. I got three for my wedding from there in March>

Tonks :D

MrBernoulli
28th Jul 2001, 15:23
And you didn't invite me to your wedding Tonks, did you?

EESDL
28th Jul 2001, 16:46
I'm sure the 'line-them-up-against-the-wall-with-all-the-others-and-shoot-them' Movers won't miss the two Wilkinsons that are in display in the Terminal,
yours ever helpfully,
EESDL

PS Have you got yourself ticked up for our Shoreham soiree yet?

StopStart
28th Jul 2001, 19:15
EESDL
Following edict from on high it looks like S'ham will be canned, for us anyway. Speak on Monday (or walk a few doors down and ask me).

BEages
I would ask for that particular sword however I believe it's currently in workshorps being shortened for the forthcoming round of backstabbings...

:) :)

FJJP
31st Jul 2001, 01:17
System recently been changed - a new DCI out this year gives all the details. I believe Digby now holds a stock.