PDA

View Full Version : how to spend 4months?

Jonathan Fortnum
10th Jul 2001, 14:34
Hi guys, I'm 22years old and about to leave Uni and I've decided that a flying life is what I want. I figure that fromthe initial RAF presentation to possible IOT training the time period will be about 4 to 6months. The question I've got then is what should i do with myself in this time? travel, do a course in something or other, get a borring office job, become a monk for a month? what would you do if you had 4 months to best prepare (and enjoy) yourself before the OASC and IOT?
I know there are some significant assumptions here on my part about being accepted and so on.
But any advice will be gratefully reiceved
thanks carlsberg

PS I don't have any flying experience, should I do a ppl? :confused:

ChristopherRobin
10th Jul 2001, 22:41
You actually have to ask? Didn't you learn anything at university?

How about going on a drink and women fuelled binge across half the globe for starters?

...oh hang on did you say the RAF?
....better make that just a drink-fuelled binge then.

Paddington
10th Jul 2001, 23:35
When you get to OASC don't be talked into adding 'Navigator' onto the application form if you're really going for pilot.

Alf Aworna
11th Jul 2001, 02:16
So you call yourself Carlsberg and can't decide what to do? I should have thought its obvious- as probably the best lager in the world, you should travel and Foster relations downunder where no one gives a XXXX.

bad livin'
11th Jul 2001, 13:06
1. Learn conversational Swahili
2. Crochet a large rug for those chilly nights on ILT
3. Go abroad and S**g and drink
4. See no. 3

Gainesy
11th Jul 2001, 14:54
Go on then, become Brother Carlsberg ;)

murphy
16th Jul 2001, 10:22
ChristopherRobin,

Your explaination clears up a lot of doubts that I'd had about you!!!

I always thought it was the Blue smarties that made you like you are, and all the time it was the time you spent between completing Uni and completing RMCS(Badly!!)

Remember, slow down and don't let your pilot pin the nice man in the back to the ceiling!!!

Yours

Murph x x x

Ima Muppet
16th Jul 2001, 23:11
You could learn how to spell the word "boring" and how to integrate capital letters into your sentences... ;)

ChristopherRobin
17th Jul 2001, 17:31
Ah Murph! - How are you enjoying the heat? Hope you're not getting into too much trouble on those checkrides without me!