PDA

View Full Version : Myanmar/Burma

Willoz269
12th Nov 2009, 02:24
Am planning a vast holiday around SE Asia...and Burma is one of my stops...can anyone please give me a bit of background or recommendations on the following carriers?

Myanmar Airways
Bagan Air
Yangon Air

rit
12th Nov 2009, 08:12
Air Asia have many flights from Bangkok to Yangon.

kiterunner
12th Nov 2009, 10:34
I recommend yangon air or air mandalay. They operate with ATRs and cover most tourist destinations inside Burma.
enjoy!

Willoz269
12th Nov 2009, 22:26
Many thanks, will give them a try!

mingalababya
13th Nov 2009, 05:43
Myanma Airways and Air Bagan also have ATRs. Infact some of Air Mandalay's ATRs are now with Air Bagan.

Air Mandalay now only have two ATRs in their fleet. Until recently, they were French registered, but now they've reverted back to local "XY-" registration (and all that entails with that!). Be aware that flight schedules by Myanma Airways can change at short notice, or even mid-flight! lol! This webpage (http://www.mawlamyine.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=97) describes it perfectly.

I'm a frequent traveller to Myanmar and have always preferred to travel domestically by bus! :E

Panama Jack
13th Nov 2009, 13:16
I visited Myanmar a couple of years ago, and flew on Air Bagan, Air Yangon and Air Mandalay during my circle tour. Overall, they are very similar with similar fares but I thought the service was slightly better on Air Bagan. I don't think you can do badly on either (stay away from Air Myanma though). I ended up flying on all 3 just because of space availability short term. Try them out!