PDA

View Full Version : What Salary To Expect As Corporate Cabin Crew?

silverware
11th Nov 2009, 16:50
Hi all,

Newbie question, i know there are (too) many variables, but still every input is very helpful.

What would be the monthly going rate be, bottom and top end, with a German operator working as a f/a on a Global?
Plane is under German AOC, privately owned but will also be available for charters.
I am looking at a contract job, not free-lance.
(I don't know the amount of days on/off yet).
I don't have any corporate experience, but almost 15 years in commercial, speak several languages and have supervisory experience.

What minimal reimbursments should/could i expect, what expenses are/aren't normaly covered in this line of work?
Please fill me in, all info from people with relevant experience is very welcome.
Thanx!

silverware
12th Nov 2009, 08:50
108 views and 0 replies...did i post this question in the wrong forum or is this a big secret?:mad:
I have to negotiate my first corporate contract soon and really could use all the help i can get regarding this matter.
Feel free to pm me if you find that more suitable.
Thanx alot.

CaptainProp
12th Nov 2009, 09:16
You tried posting same question on the Cabin Crew forum?

CP

Cabin Dragon
12th Nov 2009, 09:22
Seems to me, Silverware, that you may be a bit too precious for Corporate work....

BigNumber
12th Nov 2009, 09:31
Have you tried sending a PM to a similar experienced poster on the F/A's looking for work thread?

You are in the right place.

BN

silverware
12th Nov 2009, 09:45
Hi,

as this is the biz av section i asumed it would also cover knowledgable biz av cabin/cockpit crew.
It seems that the cabin crew wanabe section caters to commercial jobs mostly.
I don't understand why i would be too "precious" for working in biz av, maybe Cabin Dragon could explain?

The fact of the matter is that i now have two vip cabin crew interviews coming up and will have to mention a going rate at some point.
As i am new to this line of work i don't know yet where the tops/bottoms are, hence my question.
Thanx.

silverware
12th Nov 2009, 13:38
@ Time Traveller:
Was that before or after (German) taxes and including per diems etc.?
Do you also know how many days on/off she had?
Thanx!

silverware
12th Nov 2009, 14:54
Okay guys (and gals?),thanks for the input sofar.
I came to realise bringing up the "money thing" is too sensitive for an open discussion.
If you still have any pointers/indications regarding my sincere cry for advise, just PM them to me, i appriciate them greatly!:ok:

Susheela
12th Nov 2009, 16:44
Well, first of all, welcome to corporate flying world Silverware. Its a bit sensitive topic and even more sensitive world, where you care of to have a job and not how much money you make, but you will still make a good ones, dont worry about that. At the interview they will hardly ask you how much you expect..The most important is to start somewhere, get kind of experience and general overlook, after you will see...Working time, ehmm for sure more convenient than in airlines, but again, its very individual by the company and operation.
So good luck and take it easy! :ok:

NuName
13th Nov 2009, 09:09
My previous cabatt just landed a position on a global, Eur 3,200 pm, 2 weeks on two off with ex,s and uniforms. If that helps.

south coast
13th Nov 2009, 09:42
I think a large fractional bizjet operator's FAs are on around 45-55k (euros) + 70 euros per diem, 24 days off a year, uniform provided, BUPA provided, normally around 18 days a month work.

I would have no idea as to where this ranks in the overall scheme of things.

Flintstone
13th Nov 2009, 19:03
Mid to upper thirties (sterling). Per diem added.

silverware
13th Nov 2009, 20:42
Hi,

It seems there are still too many variables on my side for people to give me a decent estimate.
Either way, i guess as a newbie i should aim at earning somewhere between € 2500-3000 monthly after German taxes for a full time contract on a D-reg Global including uniform, expenses etc.

Thanx for all input, it's a big help.

Max Payne
13th Nov 2009, 21:06
Keep in mind that in Germany salaries are very low and - if that wasn't bad enough already - taxes and social insurances are very high (and that you have to pay taxes on your per diems as well); 2.500 to 3.000 EUR after taxes is considered a "good" to average copilot salary.

Rusty Trombone
14th Nov 2009, 10:10
This is a somewhat difficult situation, depending on what the operation is etc.
1) If its run under JAR OPS 1 and you are on a fixed type roster working international on large cabin such as BBJ/GV/Global I would estimate in the region of 29K to 40K Euros as a base line, this excludes PD/Hotels etc.
2) If its Private its difficult to put an average on the current market, in this current economic market the FA is the first to go, private can be the best job in the world and the worst depending on the client.

Base line examples in the EU are NJE/Global Jet/Jet Alliance

Hope this helps good luck

Der_Fischmeister
14th Nov 2009, 11:51
2000-3000 Euros after German Taxes !!
Then we talk around 2800-3800 Euros for a single Female .

Thatīs better what Guys earn at many BiZ Operator sitting in the Front-Right Corner of the Aircraft.

I thought we had a crisis ??

uhm ..err just my 23 cents

itīs ...The Fischmeister

silverware
14th Nov 2009, 13:35
@Fischmeister:
I can hardly believe i made (even without per diems) about the same as a co-pilot on a GLEX, Falcon or Challenger?
I was a (part-time) flight attendant with a major European airline and only did 3 flights per month...

I have to aim at earning, after paying German taxes, at the very, very least an amount of € 2000 per month as a basic salary.
This would exclude per diems and various expenses such as uniform etc.
How much would this be before taxes and is this unrealistic for working a plane with a German AOC?

Der_Fischmeister
14th Nov 2009, 13:43
Dont understand me wrong ,Good Quality normaly has its Prize!!

I wish you the best ,and you should aim for what you think you want .
But then , its the Crisis and there are a lot of experienced girls (men) on the market which maybe work cheaper.

As for pilots the Rule should be ,Crises or not ,dont Dump .

Same should apply for the ladies and men in the back.

Cheers

its----The Fischmeister!!

g5tom
14th Nov 2009, 15:57
Hi Silverware

Assuming you would start working for us and live (and pay taxes) in Germany, you would end up with around EUR 1700.- (per diem's not included).

Regards,
g5tom