PDA

View Full Version : Where to find an aircraft's ACN

Pugachev Cobra
11th Nov 2009, 12:39
Hello once more helpful gents,

I have recently been confronted with ACN/PCN issues, and realized I didn't find any ACN information about the aircraft I'm flying in the POH.

I can only find ACN tables (for very common aircraft, not for uncommon ones) in aviation authorities internet sites, and actually I want to know where to find it from the aircraft documents (and if I can't, at least an official source).

However it seems to me that only aircraft with MTOW greater than 12500lb have this published, so if someone can confirm this for me. An aircraft with MTOW greater than 12500lb has its ACN in the POH?

I mean, a light aircraft doesn't have an ACN?

If this is the case, when you're flying an aircraft with, let's say 10000lb MTOW, and you're going to land on a runway with a PCN of 40, how can you know if everything's fine for the operation, for an unlimited time of cycles?

If I wanted the ACN for a C172, could I find it in any of the aircraft's documents? If not, where would I find it?

And I'm unsure if, with new equipment being added to an aircraft, the MTOW may change, just as the CG. Changing it, would inevitably change the ACN. Who is responsible for calculating the new ACN?

Maybe I'm getting too technical for light aircraft, but I can't find definitive answers in my books here.

Someone could shed some light for me, about how it's done for medium and heavy aircraft.

Thank you in advance.

kijangnim
11th Nov 2009, 13:07
Greetings,

Jeppesen published ACN/LCN tables for all aircraft types and series, I think it is in the table and code section
:ok:

blackmail
11th Nov 2009, 14:17
hello all,
nope, jepp is correct, but look the info up in airport directory,
greetings,
bm:):)