PDA

View Full Version : Private Airbus A319 Drops Parts over Dallas

rbraitz
11th Nov 2009, 03:41
An Airbus A319 dropped parts over Love Field and surrounding areas...for more on this

Plane Rains Parts on Dallas | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth (http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Plane-Rains-Parts-on-Dallas-69722347.html)

Oceanic
11th Nov 2009, 11:43
Why have standards at Associated Air Center dropped so far in the past few years. A shadow of their former self, and many key personnel moved on. I believe that there are a few court cases from clients on completions and particularly from weight issues. A real shame as there were some talented folk there previously. It looks like after stripping the interior, the slide was not secured properly for its test flight. After spending at least $30m there on two interiors for VVIP aircraft, I could no longer recommend their work.

Noxegon
11th Nov 2009, 17:35
I read this story as "Airbus A319 drops private parts over Dallas", all the more appropriate given Love Field. Oops :)

DownIn3Green
11th Nov 2009, 17:38
I agree 150% with Oceanic...anyone who's been there knowa the poop....:sad::sad::sad:

AA SLF
11th Nov 2009, 18:32
THANKS rbraitz -

Just checked into Pprune now and am now warned to keep a good lookout on the sky. Some Love Field flts depart northbound over the Towers here and today the wind is out of the north. . . :eek:

BBJengr
17th Nov 2009, 22:10
Oceanic-

Sounds Like you're familiar with the facility and its history. Out of curiosity, who would you recommend instead?

EGMA
18th Nov 2009, 00:04
Rumour has it, that it was carrying Japanese car parts ... some eye witnesses reported that is was raining Datsun cogs!

Cape Fear
18th Nov 2009, 04:30
It is an Air Bus :ugh:

AndoniP
18th Nov 2009, 11:31
Rumour has it, that it was carrying Japanese car parts ... some eye witnesses reported that is was raining Datsun cogs!

GROAN!! :suspect:

LGW Vulture
18th Nov 2009, 13:01
BBJengr Oceanic-

Sounds Like you're familiar with the facility and its history. Out of curiosity, who would you recommend instead? ......

Not sure what Oceanicīs thoughts are but easy for me....AMAC! ;)

cessnapuppy
18th Nov 2009, 16:56
I would have expected to see a couple suspensions by now, 'eh?

BBJengr
18th Nov 2009, 20:34
LGW- Why AMAC? Do you have any firsthand experience with them?

Cessna- who or what would you expect to be suspended?

DownIn3Green- would you care to weigh in on this? sounds like you might have some history with AAC to share with us...