PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to get out?

Quaver
10th Jul 2001, 00:50
Reaching that stage in life where it is fast approaching time to move on. If I PVR, any idea how long it will take me to get out?

Gen. Bombdabastards
10th Jul 2001, 22:04
Stn Cdr at Benson + one other got out in a little over 3 months, both had job offers to rely on.

Quaver
10th Jul 2001, 23:40
Sounds better than the 18 months I was qouted. Thanks for the reply. :)

The Scarlet Pimpernel
11th Jul 2001, 12:23
Last time I looked it was 12 months, but don't quote me on that. Also be prepared for a cut in flying pay as well (still haven't figured out how the barstewards get away with that one :mad: )

JagMate
12th Jul 2001, 00:02
Apparently, if you've got a job lined up with a large British multinational flying a jet trainer overseas, you can go next Tuesday.

dopeonarope
13th Jul 2001, 21:19
12 months should be the max time to get....too blinking long I say...still only 83 days to go til leave starts...endex!

Hoist to crew winching OVER & OUT :D

HeirToBob
13th Jul 2001, 21:34
Too bloody long m8, and yes they hit you in the wallet, but take it from me....it's well worth it. 15 years in, some good, some terrible. Outside now (bet you can't guess where!!) and having a blast. Fluffy uniforms, tasty beds, etc etc, but it really is sooooooooooo good that I can't believe I waited so long to make the jump. Took me 18 months and cost just over £10K, worth every minute and every penny.
.....But we're not all me. So you need to figure out what's right for you. Very best of British old chum - Chances are that if you're considering the PVR route, then you're probably ready for the change.

Fay Deck
14th Jul 2001, 13:29
Dope,

Haven't you effectively started your leave already by throwing a 'rolling' sickie?