PDA

View Full Version : "Clarkson, we're not worthy!"

Snapshot
9th Jul 2001, 00:01
Mr Clarkson,
My guru!, It is such a pleasure to watch your unquestionable style of delivery on the SPEED shows. How great is was to see the 'Blackbird' shown on our humble screens shrouded in dry ice almost like a sleeping giant, ready to be awoken at a moments notice, and thunder into the blue once more. Full marks mate and the new garden decor beats having a gnome with a fishing rod.
Don't ever stop gracing our screens
Snappers :D
http://members.tripod.co.uk/AvCollect/pprune/SR71_01a.jpg

[ 08 July 2001: Message edited by: Snapshot ]

Mad Pax
9th Jul 2001, 02:35
Snapshot - yep, quite agree with you there, the past few weeks' Sunday night viewing has been worth the license fee at last. :D :D :D :D

TangoMan
9th Jul 2001, 16:19
Whilst Clarkson isnt my fav person, you are right it has made TV much better. And the SR-71 WHAT A PLANE!!!!

TangoMan

You Know When You've Been Tango-ed!! :D

Airbrake
10th Jul 2001, 22:11
I also have to agree. Whilst Mr. Clarkson may not be everybodies cup of tea his piece on the SR 71 was superb. He has definately been bitten by the flying bug. I also remember his waz in an F15 that was on the box a few years ago now. Now that was funny!

FE Hoppy
11th Jul 2001, 06:20
I live overseas these days but got to see Mr C puking in the back of an F15 the other day on BBC world(atis)
Loved it.

N Genfire
11th Jul 2001, 10:31
Gave us a good ego boost, when covering the Apache year before last, said "The best helicopter in the world, flown by the best pilots, what a combination"

Regards N Genfire

The Nr Fairy
11th Jul 2001, 11:58
N Gen :

I always thought you were English, not a Seppo.

Seriously, congrats STILL due to Capt A. - did he ever get the award properly presented ?

t'aint natural
11th Jul 2001, 21:06
Nothing against Mr Clarkson, but the speedfreak hack who's now referred to as "the new Jeremy Clarkson" may be viewed at
new Jeremy (http://www.panic-uk.com/amanda.html)

Snapshot
11th Jul 2001, 21:51
T'aint Natural,
Hmmm, very sexy babe, gorgeous legs, probably a great presenter... Soz mate, as far as boys n their toys are concerned Mr (were not worthy) Clarkson is tops for me.
I doubt I have never watch the star without splitting my sides with his total lack of non 'PC', HOW DAMN REFRESHING in this 'you cannot breath without doing or saying something wrong) society we now live in. :D
Regards
Snappers

t'aint natural
12th Jul 2001, 19:42
Presenter? Oh, yeah.

BEagle
12th Jul 2001, 20:13
Yup - JC is a great entertainer on the box and in real life as well. He got into all sorts of poo when the Top Gear people had the stand next to Daewoo at the Motor Show. Apparently he announced that they all ate dogs and one of them had just had a spaniel for lunch! Then when asked whether he'd ride a scooter he stated that scooters were for homosexuals! Some people thought he was being serious - sad gits!

Hasn't TG gone down the pan since JC and Tiff left. Apart from the wicked Vicky B-H, there's no sparkle anymore. Just some pratt who looks like the Ginger Whinger's weedy young brother and someone who dresses in leather and speaks barely understandably about "Dew-Katties" and other "Moaterrrrr Bikes"! Is it on TV tonight? No idea - once upon a time it was a 'don't miss'; now it's a 'ho-hum, what's on the other side' type of programme!

[ 12 July 2001: Message edited by: BEagle ]

Flatus Veteranus
13th Jul 2001, 00:22
Agreed, TG is over the hill. The wife used to adore it when JC was there, but she is intensely irritated by Vicki's attempts to out-bloke the lads. The wife has always been a bit of a petrol-head (despite my crude attempt to consummate our engagement in a TR3), but we find that the show is now optional rather than compulsive viewing.

BEagle
13th Jul 2001, 00:27
FV - you old dog! But at least a TR3 was rather more couth than my first V-bomber nav radar 'Mongo' who claimed to have engaged in the carnal act 'across the still warm bonnet of a frogeye Sprite'!!

Flatus Veteranus
18th Jul 2001, 23:46
Mate o' mine was driving down Princes St, Edinburgh, in the'60s when the skies opened and it started bucketing down. He spied an elegant young lady on the pavement getting soaked, so he pulls over and flings open the passenger door. He asks her where he can take her and she says "For you, love, its five quid in the car or twenty back in my room". A high-brow London tart who used to take a week's working holiday in Auld
Kriegie every year during the festival. My mate said he almost forked out the fiver just to find out how in hell you do it in a TR3a.