PDA

View Full Version : CASA Basic - Conversion from EASA Part 66?

whissper
10th Nov 2009, 06:09
Hello

I'm completing an EASA Part 66 course with a focus on mechanical (but also aiming to complete the necessary modules for avionics)

Is there any easy way to convert these to equivalent CASA exams (for the ultimate issue of CASA LAME license) or I am stuck having to do all the exams all over again?

A brief look through the CASA syllabus and I seem to have covered a lot of the material. Seems a bit silly to have to resit them all again.

Cheers

canadiangal75
10th Nov 2009, 19:33
Did you try contacting CASA to see what they say? I am doing the CASA training and I have to sit a cert 4 exam and then if I choose to pay the money, I sit a CASA exam. Sometimes these exams are on the same day. Otherwise, they are in the same week. I think you may have to sit all your CASA exams or wait until EASA comes in. Are you unable to find work ?

Hasherucf
11th Nov 2009, 11:17
Contact Aviation Australia Aviation Australia (http://www.aviationaustralia.aero/) as they do the assessment from CASA basics to Part66 . Another option is to see if your eligable for the CTC exams . If you take the CTC exam option take a course at QAC Queensland Aerospace College (QAC) - Accredited Aircraft Engineer Training (http://www.qac.net.au)

Personally I think the whole EASA scam is money making racket . I contacted a UK university asking about their top up degree in Aircraft engineering and since EASA doesnt recognise the Australian Part66 then I cant take the course . Also the syllabus is a quarter of that of the old CASA system (there is only one topic on radios theory , where there is 12 exams in old CASA system) .Useless money making paperwork thats going to dumb down the industry :ugh:

Anyway good luck with your converstion

corporate kid
11th Nov 2009, 21:39
I have just been through the hoops with CASA but thats another story.

You can now submit your Part 66 to casa for CTC and they will recognise it and issue a CAR 31 licence. this will have the AV restrictions but all you need to do is Air leg and will cost you around $260. Then when you have the Car 31 licence wait 6 months as they will replace them with CASA B1 soon.

Once casa issue the B1 as a real licence and not an MA im sure that removing the restrictions will become easier as they will have procedures in place themselves rather than rely on Av Australia

If you go Aviation australia it will cost you more bu you will get the full b1 sooner.

B1 in australia at present isnt a must have as the companies are not used to it yet