PDA

View Full Version : Info For Fast Jet BA Applicants

Pontius
24th Jul 2001, 22:08
To whom it may concern,

I talked to a mate of mine today, who heard from his mate's dog that moves are afoot to adjust the DEP course for fast jet drivers coming into BA.

This applies to FJ people only but will probably also be applied to helo drivesr when they start taking them as DEPs.

Basically they have had some events in the past in which the continued use of HUDs etc has led to poor instrument flying (allegedly. There have also been some crew co-ordination issues.

To address this BA is going to introduce a 'mini' Jet Orientation Course for the above persons. This will concentrate on inst flying skills and CRM things.

That's the down side; having to jump through another hoop.

The up side is that this will count as an MCC so there is no need to have one before joining BA as a DEP.

Quite why they think helo bubbers need to do crew co-ordination training when truckies don't I'll never understand.

So there you have it. If you're an FJ chap/ess and plan on joining BA then don't bother getting an MCC. If you are not successful then you'll need one before joining Virgin.

Hope it saves you some dosh :)

Chocolates aweigh,

Pontius

VSQUARED
26th Jul 2001, 12:10
Just to add my 2 pence worth here. As an ex-mil helo driver I have been called for a DEP interview. No other civy jobs straight from helos with the JAA CPL/IR