PDA

View Full Version : LOTTERY CASH FOR ARMED FORCES

SACSmith
26th Feb 2002, 13:33
Perhaps I'm talking rubbish, but have Stn Cdrs thought about applying for lottery cash to help fund improvements for their station? There are several stations that I know of who have numerous major and vital works-services to complete, but the money isn’t exactly forthcoming. I would imagine National Lottery have strict criteria to follow, like the money has to benefit the community or it has to fund something 'historic'. Personnel that live on a station are a community, separated by 10ft high barbed wire fences from the civilian population granted, but members of the RAF play the lottery, and what benefits do we get to see? For instance, I live in a barrack block built circa 1929, so it certainly fits into the historic category. It is a perfect example of pre-WWII architecture and should be preserved for future airmen to marvel at. It should be transported brick by brick to the museum at Hendon, and in it’s place, a nice new modern barrack block, fit for airmen of the 21st century. I’ll grab my coat. :)