PDA

View Full Version : TRTO for Citation CJ1 Rating. Urgent!

Ronand
8th Nov 2009, 19:01
Does anyone know a JAA approved TRTO for a CJ1 rating in the USA. Or any TRTO in Europe were I can get the T/R for a good price. It is urgent and has to be as cheap as possible!
Thx,
Ronand

helldog
8th Nov 2009, 19:22
Some place in Bristol does them and a dude in Germany called Mr Hanke does them. Mr Hanke did mine and he did it nice and fast and covered everything that needed to be covered, with zero bs that you don't need to do. Try a google search for him.

FlyingGasMain
8th Nov 2009, 22:03
Try Bristol Flying Centre. They do the Type Rating on the aircraft - thinks their's is a CJ2. Check with them to see if it will cover you for the CJ1 as well.

Type Rating Cessna Citation Jet CJ CJ1 CJ2 C525 CJ525 Beech King Air BE200 TRTO (http://www.bfctraining.co.uk/flight-training/courses-type-rating.html)

8th Nov 2009, 22:31
People to speak to are Martin Barnes and Phil Brockwell at Bristol Flying Centre, both come on here. Sure Phil will be on tomorrow.:ok:

tommoutrie
8th Nov 2009, 22:41
Go to Bristol Flying Centre. They have two CRE's there teaching and examining on the 525 and have dispensation to reduce the amount of training to an appropriate amount if you have adequate experience which saves a lot of money and time.

The 525 is split into 3 groups with regard to difference training -

1 the straight CJ or CitationJet,
2 CJ1 and CJ2,
3 CJ1+, CJ2+, CJ3

You require difference training to transition between these three groups and the normal path at Bristol would be to train on the CJ because it is the cheapest and do a short difference course to fly the CJ1.

Bristol Flying Centre (http://www.bfctraining.co.uk/)

Hope that makes sense

Tom

Phil Brockwell
9th Nov 2009, 09:11
Thanks Tom,

Julain Telling is the person to speak to (MKB having a rest in Florida) PM me and I'll gve you his mobile number. Depending on your previous experience it s possible to do a shortened course which keeps the cost down.

Phil

G-SPOTs Lost
9th Nov 2009, 09:53
MKB - more time off than a Jubilee Mug Designer :}

Flintstone
9th Nov 2009, 10:16
more time off than a Jubilee Mug Designer

Excellent! :O

I shall stash that away with my one for busy people (not Barnsey, obviously) 'Going like a one-armed bricklayer in Beirut' and the one for skinflints 'Like a Tel Aviv housewife on a budget'.

vallen
11th Dec 2009, 15:29
Hi,cant find him.Can you give more details please?:ok:
Got to get the best deal possible;Bristol may well be the best option but i need more information.TIA.

bestglide140
11th Dec 2009, 16:33
http://www.hanke-aviation.de/ (http://www.hanke-aviation.de) :ok:

Cheers BG140

vallen
11th Dec 2009, 16:47
:ok:well done. Thanks for that.

flywithjabir
8th Jul 2010, 09:13
Hello,
Any feed back about your search and experience with the mentioned training centers?
I'm looking also to do the type rating on CE525 covering all types to increase persence in the market.

Rgds
Jabir

flywithjabir
8th Jul 2010, 10:11
Thanks for your answer, if it's not too much can send me the contact names and emails for both centers?

fwja
27th Feb 2012, 14:55
Hanke are not LBA approved so your type rating will not be approved by your JAA CAA.

This is the answer I get today from LBA (German Aviation Authority).

I contacted then HANKE who comes to me with other option to do the Type Rating in Austria 12 PFH in CJ2 sim and 3 hours on aircraft + the 6 touch & go.

What do you think? :=

fwja
27th Feb 2012, 18:05
A friend who used them 9 months ago was satisfied

corporate-pilot
27th Feb 2012, 19:37
It is urgent and has to be as cheap as possible!

Just be a bit careful with the last bit, it might be a false economy.

Rory Dixon
27th Feb 2012, 20:17
The LBA examiner database lists that:
Hanke, Michael
EXAMINER(A) D - 284
befristet bis: 17.07.2012
C406/425: CRE(A)
C525: CRE(A)
SE piston (land): CRE(A)
So, according to the database he is approved. Care to elucidate?

Spunky Monkey
28th Feb 2012, 07:24
If it is your first type rating, then I suggest you pay the extra and go to Flight Safety.
You will pay more, however from experience, you will be better trained and feel that you are no so far behind the aircraft. The extra time in the sim will pay dividends.

BillieBob
28th Feb 2012, 09:01
So, according to the database he is approved.No, according to the database he is qualified to give instruction for the rating but that must be done within an approved TRTO.

eiffel
25th Nov 2020, 14:27
Which ATO (EASA) is conducting C525 Type Rating? Any recommandations? Cost?

Klimax
26th Nov 2020, 10:57

I think it will be hard to find anything cheaper that Centreline in Bristol, UK. You do the ground course at location and the flying on the actual aircraft, though that may be on earlier C525 models. Ask for Julian Telling, he'll get you set up.

"TYPE RATINGSBoth the King Air and CitationJets are single pilot high performance aeroplanes and can be operated as single- or multi-pilot. Centreline is able to offer training for both single- and multi-pilot endorsements.

Courses usually comprise three days of ground school, followed by an exam, then 10 hours of training on the aircraft followed by a skills test (LST). In some cases, those with appropriate experience may be eligible for an abridged course at a significantly reduced cost."

Cheers,
Kmax

Liftboy
26th Nov 2020, 14:25

Have a look for Starwings in Germany, they run a Level D CJ3 sim

BizJetJock
26th Nov 2020, 16:08
Unfortunately Centreline stopped offering C525 ratings within the last few weeks. Starwings is your only European option, with in normal times FSI, TRU and CAE in the US all offering EASA training.

dirk85
27th Nov 2020, 09:13
Try to give a call to Austrian Aviation Academy in Neusiedl, close to Wien

eiffel
28th Nov 2020, 09:02
So...Starwings (Dortmund, Germany), AAA (Vienna, Austria), EFSTC (Cannes, France) all offering courses 18,500€ - 20,000€ (all included - VAT/Test Fees/Base Training)
Extras not included: Single <--> Multi pilot operations and versions differences training (CJ1,CJ1+, CJ2, CJ2+, CJ3, CJ3+, CJ4, M2)

Centreline.aero (Bristol) and Hanke Aviation GmbH (Germany) are advirtising on their respective websites but not sure if there are still conducting courses.... (prices unknown)

Propsforever
28th Nov 2020, 18:58
Iam pretty sure it was something around 12K € in 2018, albeit with Crossrating credit.

eiffel
29th Nov 2020, 11:58
Where was that?
Which "crossrating" are you refering to?

rak64
29th Nov 2020, 17:04
https://www.aviationacademy.at/en/sim/c525/

7AC
2nd Dec 2020, 07:15
Have you tried Oyster Air in Lydd and Gloucester?

Proline21
3rd Dec 2020, 22:33
Unless you intend to fly a CJ4 (or maybe a M2) I wouldn't spend anything on the CJ1 conversion. The base model of the CJ is so similar (C525, CJ1, CJ1+, CJ2, CJ2+, CJ3, CJ3+) that on type and theoretical training with your future operator should do (my opinion). If prices are the same I would choose the course depending on the future avionic package that your CJ1 have.

If it's a basic CJ1 the avionics could be Proline 21 displays with Universal UNS-1 FMS, maybe paired with Garmin GPS - try Flight Safety in Farnborough. The use a classic CJ2 sim.

If it's a CJ1+ AAA in Austria is exactly a CJ1+ model. Starwings in Dortmund uses a similar cockpit (CJ3) and transition would be quite easy.

Also worth checking would be Atlas Air Service in Bremen.

https://www.aas.ag/flugbetrieb/ato-pilotenausbildung

They used to train in the FNPT2 that is operated in cooperation with Lufthansa Flight Training. The mandatory training on type is performed with their own aircraft including the checkflight.

Good luck!

Pressure Error
5th Dec 2020, 21:40
Oyster air can now do C525 and King Air, you will find some of the aforementioned recommended names there. https://www.oysterair.com/

Propsforever
13th Dec 2020, 13:39
Where was that?
Which "crossrating" are you refering to?
AAA listed a Discount in time and Money if you Held a Valid Typerating for another Citation. That is a relic from former times when all Straightwing Citation in Austria where on 1 Typerating.

They dont list it anymore for the C525 Rating, but it is still listed for the C560XLS Rating.

Propsforever
13th Dec 2020, 13:41
And no Problems with the "Luftfahrt Bundesamt" in Germany to get the Entry.