PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading on BA

beerdrinker
7th Nov 2009, 09:06
I have just been told by a friend who travelled yesterday that the CSD apologised for not being able to upgrade him because there was a new edict out to say that upgrades (for staff and pax) by CC and Check In staff was now totally banned. Apparently an ESS message. Can any body supply details to this ROF (if necessary by PM)

Many thanks

BD

Fuel_on_Mixture_Rich
7th Nov 2009, 09:25
Anything to do with the fact that you can now buy an upgrade at check-in? No point in closing off a stream of revenue if you don't have to...

Juan Tugoh
7th Nov 2009, 09:33
Its always been the case that this was against the rules. It seems that things have been getting out of hand and so the rules have been restated.

This message has not been sent out universally but targeted, rumour has it that unofficial upgrades for mates have been for sale amongst certain staff groups. Certainly there have been some very low priority staff in F and J cabins over the last few months, with other staff with F & J entitlement stuck down the back. This has always gone on particularly at certain outstations, it seems BA are clamping down again - its cheaper to sack someone than make them redundant!!

It is still BA policy to upgrade staff before commercials as this protects the yield. Tactically FMU may choose to upgrade you to a cabin you do not have an entitlement to in order to sell that seat to a commercial pax.

Given the current industrial climate at BA it would be a brave member of staff who would flout the rules to look after a mate. It could be a quick and strange way to hand in your notice.

7Heroes
7th Nov 2009, 10:16
I think this is also aimed at the people who leave notes for the CSD and Captain and also towards the `cling-ons` as they are called.I always recieve a handful of begging letters on every flight I do and try and do the best for them.However now that this policy has been reissued and it states quite clearly that what you are doing is fraud ,then I think it is a brave person who tries to upgrade someone.Who would risk it in the current climate.

Lauderdale
12th Nov 2009, 09:08
Exactly for that reason we have just bought ourselves priority sby tickets...now as the flight looks wide open and if we get allocated J class seats at check-in (machine jobbie) and subsequently J class boarding passes does this then allow us access to the Club Lounges?

I live in eternal hope.....:suspect:

Juan Tugoh
12th Nov 2009, 09:10
Sorry no, it's still rebate travel and therefore no lounges.

TightSlot
12th Nov 2009, 11:47
Discuss this on a private BA forum please. Your internal staff upgrade whinges and procedures are not of interest to anybody else