PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Cessna Citation CJ4?

Guptar
7th Nov 2009, 07:07
Its been well over a year since the first flight, since then there has been almost no words spoken or writen about it since. Cessna is very quiet. Cessna has historically anounced a new model citation and the hd it on the market in quick time, but not so with the CJ4.

Are they experiancing any certification issues?

BigNumber
7th Nov 2009, 18:08
Hi Guptar,

Yes, I would have thought that the Cessna Marketing Team would have been working overtime.

I too have been looking forward to the CJ4, it looks pretty handy if the price is right.

BN ( C525 / C525A )

Chinchilla.612
7th Nov 2009, 18:14
Saw one flying here in Wichita yesterday, and it was looking very nice indeed. Will be great when they get the certification sorted and get it on production.

BigNumber
7th Nov 2009, 19:04
Any idea of the time line?

Chinchilla.612
7th Nov 2009, 19:40
'Fraid not, and if the Cessna test pilot I was with knew....he wasn't letting on.
I'm back here again all next month though, so if anyone lets anything slip, I'll let you know.

BigNumber
7th Nov 2009, 19:57
Thanks Chinchilla,

I would be interested to know.

It will be great to have a CJ with the extra payload, makes the owner / client relationship so much easier!

Very interesting combination of living Oxfordshire / Qatar? Oil ?

Chinchilla.612
7th Nov 2009, 20:26
BigNumber,

No problem at all. And yes, the CJ4 looks like it should bring quite a few improvements, not just the extra payload. I think the single point fuelling will help quite a lot too, as you then have the option to defuel if a client turns up with extra pax, or major change of plan.

Combination is because Oxfordshire is my family home (and they don't want to move just yet), and Qatar is my country of residence for work. Not oil directly, although the whole country is really financed by the oil and gas I guess really.

Chinchilla.

G-SPOTs Lost
8th Nov 2009, 00:00
Congrats Cessna, they've just invented the Encore ++

Chinchilla.612
8th Nov 2009, 00:11
G-SPOTs Lost,
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure someone will), but isn't the Encore a multi crew machine? The advantage to the private operator is that the CJ4 like all the 525's will be single pilot certified.
Chinchilla.

8th Nov 2009, 00:32
Yes, and if all these boys with big bucks had brains the same size, they would not sit in the back with single crew.

Chinchilla.612
8th Nov 2009, 00:48
750k,
Fair comment about owners sitting in the back with one pilot, and I'm sure there's a few that do.
Some of the owners just like to fly the aeroplanes by themselves though, and as a single pilot aircraft I personally find it easier to fly than a multi engine piston is any day. Why buy a 2 crew jet if you want to fly it by yourself?
Just a thought of course.
Chinchilla.

BigNumber
8th Nov 2009, 08:02
I haven't seen that many 'single pilot ops' in Europe.

We position ( * sometimes ) Single Pilot, but it's always 2 crew for the owner. Probably a stipulation of his insurance rather than ours.

tommoutrie
8th Nov 2009, 23:09
while you're there can you nail down whether the CJ4 is a separate type rating or if it will be covered on the existing 525 rating. All you need to do is say that you have a client who is looking at a premier and they will spill all the beans you could wish for.

By the way, for a variety of reasons you can't have a lift home....

say hi to HB

BigNumber
9th Nov 2009, 08:18
I asked Cessna that question and was told that CJ4 was part of the C525 Class family.

Are you at BJets now Tom? Hope things worked out after EBJ.

tommoutrie
9th Nov 2009, 12:01
BJets is far too professional an organisation to let a moron like me in. I am currently flying an Irving Tutor with a video camera on top at my local park. If its windy I fly a kite. In addition to that I sometimes fly special ops covert missions out of Oxford and back in when I can find it.

why am I addicted to aviation - I cudda been somebuddy, I cudda been a contenda

(who are you bignumber? I have cleverly disguised my identity on here but you seem to have broken the code but I've tried all combinations of your name and all I can come up with is "Be Bum Ring" and that is just suggesting too many names)

formulaben
23rd Nov 2009, 00:37
Cessna Rolls Out Production CJ4 (http://www.avweb.com/avwebbiz/news/CessnaRollsOutProductionCJ4_201547-1.html)

ahramin
27th Nov 2009, 22:18
One from Wichita was in Inuvik this week for cold weather testing. Like an idiot I didn't get any pictures as I didn't know what it was. Next time I'll take pictures because I don't recognize a plane.

WSUshox
18th Dec 2009, 15:19
The CJ4 is coming along nicely. If you would like to track it, the tail # is N525NG.

First.officer
18th Mar 2010, 21:30
Just read on Flighglobal.com that the CJ4 now has US type certification and they're (Cessna) expecting first delivery to a customer in the secon quarter of 2010 - apparently no new type (class) rating required over and above the existing CJ's !

Link for anyone interested is as follows:-

Cessna CJ4 business jet receives US type certification (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2010/03/16/339465/cessna-cj4-business-jet-receives-us-type-certification.html)

I want one to fly !!!

:ok:

F/O

robbreid
21st Apr 2010, 10:54
April 16/10 Cessna delivered Cessna CJ4 525C-0002 to Lewis Aeronautical LLC of San Antonio, Texas. Registered N747HS.

FlightAware > N747HS (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N747HS)

nomorecatering
21st Apr 2010, 11:20
Has the CJ4 flight planning guide been published. Ive registered oin the cessna website and have found the fp guides for all the CJ models except the CJ4.

BoilerUP
21st Apr 2010, 20:02
Here's a link to the CJ4 Flight Planning Guide.

According to our salesmen, the data in this FPG is the final numbers but still says "preliminary" because the CJ4 didn't yet have its type certificate when it was published.

CJ4 FPG Feb 2010.pdf (http://www.mediafire.com/?5zmm2mgdknt)