PDA

View Full Version : Chinook Mates and Lara Croft

kbf1
16th Jun 2001, 10:29
The new Tomb Raider movie came out in the US today, so in keeping with the best traditions of Holywood I went to see it. The best scene in the whole movie is Lara Croft (who is SCORCHING HOT!) walking over the top of a hill with a pair of twin-rotored death bananas lifting off overhead (pure sex!). Odiham mates will be pleased to know that they get a credit in the movie, but I was wondering if any PPRuNe mates were involved in the shoot, and if so did you get to meet the terrrific Ms Jolie?

------------------
The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the Devil's own Satanic HERD!

Ramp Monkey
16th Jun 2001, 11:57
Yep, and she's fantastic!

SH Monkey
16th Jun 2001, 15:13
Typical. Another Hollywood misrepresentation.
Any hot bird, who wanted to get there on time, in style and without 3 weeks planning would have choosen a PUMA.

------------------
Which bit of dire retention problem are THEY finding hard to understand...

TURNBULL
16th Jun 2001, 15:32
I hear the most popular flt cdr at Odiham took the lead role!

Fay Deck
16th Jun 2001, 16:04
SH Monkey,

The Director's meagre Hollywood budget would not cover the cost of constant breaks in filming whilst the Puma was being refuelled.
Enter the mighty Wokka stage right!

FD

SH Monkey
16th Jun 2001, 18:28
Presumably the filming was done from a really high tower, to give the effect of low flying Chinnies.

PS. If Ms Jolie was on board, then at least you can say there's one talented girl on Chinooks...... I'm going straight to hell for that one (yepee!!!!)

------------------

kbf1
21st Jun 2001, 00:16
Well I suppose they had to use the death banana to keep it a PG-13 over here, the use of a Lynx would have made it truely X-rated!

Now I think I'll GMC!

------------------

Talking Radalt
21st Jun 2001, 01:33
SH Monkey-boy,
You are SO right, if Miss Jolie was on board there would be ONE talented girl on Chinnies, instead of an entire squadron of semi-talented girls a la Puma!
Saucer of milk, table two!

Emerson Cahooners
21st Jun 2001, 12:59
Spot on SH Monkey. Did you mean talented or good looking? Oh no, my mistake both!

The only reason they used the chinook, all the Pumas were tasking!!!

Talking Radalt
21st Jun 2001, 21:19
Oh really? Speaking to the guys from Death Banana HQ who stayed at a well known Wessex/Puma base last week, I hear most of the tasking they got was made up of ten-man drops cunningly combined in to thirty-man bus-runs.

Whipping Boy's SATCO
23rd Jun 2001, 12:32
I guess she did a risk analysis and chose to walk?

3m Strop Carrier
24th Jun 2001, 15:12
The best part of the filming was the Inflight ration payment. It took forever to fly from Odiham to Siberia.

Double D
26th Jun 2001, 01:36
Got a great piccie of Lara plus chinooks from Tombraidermovie.com website. If somebody can explain (easily) how to place it in a post I will do the decent thing!!

Flypuppy
26th Jun 2001, 11:53
Was it this one you meant?
http://www.tombraidermovie.com/flash_site/stills/images/image_06.jpg

TURNBULL
26th Jun 2001, 22:08
Is that all they carried inside the mighty wokka!!! Surely the Merlin would have been a better choice? No, sorry, 1, 2, 3, 4, ... you're right too many people for a Merlin

Whipping Boy's SATCO
26th Jun 2001, 22:11
Long range tanks, or just big jugs??

SH Monkey
27th Jun 2001, 02:39
Yeh, nice transitions.

What’s wrong with 90 nose down, gear up, and a decent moony from the crewman?

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/rolleyes.gif

------------------

Gash Handlin
28th Jun 2001, 23:22
What a fantastic pair.... Ms Jolie's aren't bad either ;)

Oh isn't this another caption competition?

Talking Radalt
29th Jun 2001, 04:12
Ermmm, I know this is gonna sound REALLY geeky and sad but does anyone know if the aircraft still bear RAF markings in said motion picture?

kbf1
29th Jun 2001, 16:16
You're right, that's REALLY sad and geeky!

------------------

Talking Radalt
29th Jun 2001, 21:06
I'll get me coat

3m Strop Carrier
30th Jun 2001, 15:24
Ref the markings for the Wokkas, they do. The airforce insisted that the markings remain as a recruiting drive to the sad computer game playing youth of today. We even get a mention in the credits at the end.

Talking Radalt
1st Jul 2001, 05:35
Is that "we" as in the Chinny fleet as a whole?