PDA

View Full Version : Peshawar Airport(Pakistan)

hifly69
6th Nov 2009, 11:19
Hello....All fellow Pilots who have operated flights to Peshawar, I would like you to post your comments on flight operations to Peshawar airport :8

Left Coaster
6th Nov 2009, 15:07
Hi...Have some time in the logbook into (and out of!:eek:) that wonderful airport...what sort of info are you looking for? Approaches, or ATC etc? It used to be a procedural approach which involved stacking arrivals up over the VOR and then one by one allowing an approach, (Full procedure, which was somewhat busy) Outbound from the VOR, back inbound then another outbound proc turn to an offset final. Only really one way in and out...Ramp used to be congested and the turn around at the far end of the arr runway was on a metal surface. It was and probably still is a military/civilian airport. There seemed to be a couple of "roads" crossing mid field leading to what looked like a military base. ATC is not too bad, and I really only witnessed one stupid incident. (Russian B737 going the wrong way in the hold and jumping the arrival queue, and he was met on the ramp upon arrival)...pay attention, and read up on the airport briefing. One last item, not too sure if they have upgraded it to an ICAO standard, it was 4 years ago when I was last in there. Hope this helps!
LC