PDA

View Full Version : Presentation Help

super aviator
6th Nov 2009, 04:31
Hi

Ive been asked to do a 15 min presentation on Human Factors!!

The objectives are as follows:

Understands the role human factors plays within decision making
Understands the importance of communication
Understands the importance and value of other roles
Improvement of relationships between colleagues

Having never done a presentation before, i could do with some help/ideas!!

Krgds SA

no sig
6th Nov 2009, 10:27
Well SA, you've already done the first part and outlined the content of your presentation; you now need to research each section, tease out the major points of the matter and get them down on a power point slide, or whatever it is you're using. You also- of course, have to understand the subject to the point where you can talk around the main topics (bullet points). It is alway useful to have at least once real life example of where HF have played, or perhaps not played a part in avoiding an accident.

The web is full of this stuff and I'm sure you'll find what your need. But also if you're already with an airline, there will be much resource within your flight ops department as well I'd imagine.

When you have the presentation complete you need to practice it and get your timing right 15 minutes for a subject like this is short. Always useful to have a good friend go through it with you.

And finally, on the day- visit the presentation venue, find the electric sockets, set up your props and PC early, check it interfaces with the projector etc. and compose yourself for the show. Good luck.

ReadyToGo
8th Nov 2009, 00:40
I agree with No Sig on this, a good starting point I would say is a disaster, or a worst case scenario. Theres a million different examples you could choose, and plenty of professional research and investigative material availiable, in print and online.

Describe the situation leading up to the particular accident, then outline (very briefly) ALL contributing causes. Even if you just set the scene by saying things like "fog", "innacurate data" etc. Remember you arent interested in the non HF elements, but demonstrating a knowledge of other causes will help your audience understand.

Then focus on the human elements in great detail. Explain why communication was poor, and explain how it could have been improved. Explain why the relationships between all involved failed, and what the perfect scenario would be.

Finding the right accident might not be easy, but using one crash to highlight all the issues you need to will be a lot better than darting around between a handful of complicated real-life scenes, (unless of course your audience is very familiar with a range of incidents). The mid-air colision at Uberlingen is a good example to look at perhaps? Or the ground collision at Tenerife maybe? I'm sure other members can help out here.

Of course, it all depends on who your audience is, and the purpose of your presentation.

RTG!

Iqbalfoo
9th Nov 2009, 05:19
Sir,

If you dont mind then i need that preentation. can you send me

Regards \
iqbal