PDA

View Full Version : 1st Next Gen Q400 touches down in Kenya

mohalicious
6th Nov 2009, 04:15
:ok: 1st Next Gen Q400 touches down in kenya..,nice looking bird.Thumbs up 4 tha owners..:D

DA-10mm
6th Nov 2009, 06:46
...if they don't get shot on they're way to the hotel...

27ace
6th Nov 2009, 11:13
Really?
And why would they get shot on the way to the hotel? Is it because they bought or leased a Dash 8 Q400?
For the information of certain posters here, Kenya, and in particular Nairobi, has very many aircraft owners who live and work in Nairobi without being shot dead or otherwise on their way either to or from their homes or hotels, or to work for that matter.
Just a tip of the iceberg here, but to name a few, the owners of Jetlink (with several CRJ and BAE aircraft models), the owners of Fly540 (with several ATR, Dash 8, Fokker 27 and one CRJ on the way), the owners of Air Kenya ( several Dash 8, etc) the owners of CMC Aviation (with several CRJ and Dash 8 models), all the directors and most shareholders of Kenya Airways (with about 23 models of Boeing Aircraft) all live in Nairobi and have to the best of my konwledge not been shot at or harmed.
So, Mr. Macabre DA-10mm with all sorts of knowledge of the shootings in Nairobi, while comfortably in the good ol U.S of A, let's have the facts before you go shooting off the old pie hole (for lack of a better phrase for the said orifice)

ajet32
6th Nov 2009, 16:10
Excellent, good to see more new aircraft making their way into the East African market. I had the pleasure to deliver an earlier model Dash 8-106 to Nairobi this year. A fun trip and an excellent reception by all concerned.

Skylion
7th Nov 2009, 12:43
Much less likely to get shot in Nairobi than a good number of places in the USA,- including army bases. Life is much like in any other large city with good parts and bad parts with the added bonus of plenty of places to go nearby, pleasant climate except a little cold in the northern summer months, good restaurants, cafes etc and a magnificent tropical coast only an hour's flight away. Wilson is thriving with multiple operators and private flyers. You should go and see for yourself. The likelihood of getting shot at is infinitessimal.
Meanwhile the arrival of new equipment is very good news and hardly reflects a lack of confidence in its owners and operators survival

keitaidenwa
7th Nov 2009, 16:34
Are these "Q400" in kenya theads a advertizing campaign from bombardier or from whoever bought the new plane? :}

Oh, and when someone says something stupid like da-10mm, just ignore them. In the internets idiots have more time to argue than people who actually know stuff.. since people who know are usually busy working.

18left
8th Nov 2009, 09:43
DA-10MM,
I suggest you seek help urgently.flying innocent souls around with your frame of mind is not ideal.

Vlamgat
8th Nov 2009, 11:05
:(
I do not really care about the Q400, neither do I care about anyone getting shot, neither do I care about anything that has been said on this topic, it is really so exciting wow! I'm gonna go and cut my wrists now.

Aginnintonnixadaykeepsadoctaaway!