PDA

View Full Version : Muffin man

Ima Muppet
20th Jul 2001, 21:08
Does anyone know the "Muffin man" game as featured in "Reach fo the sky"? As far as I can gather, it involves climbing over furniture with a pint on your head whilst singing "Have you seen the muffin man..." but I'm sure that there is more to it than that. It looks like good fun for those long, lonely nights in the bar.

Cooperman
22nd Jul 2001, 23:50
I recall singing this at Bruggen...ooh, a little tear's appeared on my cheek.

My chums on 14 Sqn seemed to be the experts, maybe one of them could post the correct words but I think it goes something like this..
One guy would start:

I am the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man,
I am the muffin man and I come from down your way.

Bonders (1 letter changed to protect the innocent) is a muffin man, a muffin, a muffin man,
Bonders is a muffin man and comes from down your way

Men of the sea, bobbing up and down like this,
Men of the sea, bobbing up and down like this.

Then the next guy would start 'I am the....

The person starting the song placed his (near full) pint on his head and 'bobbed' up and down with the chorus.
As more guys joined in all the players continued to 'bob' with their pints resulting in.....................
much spillage!

Hilarious fun...but then again most things are when you're hammered.

Moosa Aswayita! :D

CleanScope
23rd Jul 2001, 01:29
Cooperman,

So you were young once!!! My, how authority changes us!

Clean

How are the "Black Bugs"? ;)

Davaar
23rd Jul 2001, 01:35
Does it have so much to do with being young? I have seen an air marshal, clad in neat mess undress, lead a team into one end of the "Tunnel of Love" and emerge at the far end wearing only trousers and socks.

Cooperman
23rd Jul 2001, 01:41
Cleanscope,
waddyamean young once?

I can still balance a full..ooeerrr...smash

I'll get my coat

Moosa Aswayita! ;)

Ima Muppet
23rd Jul 2001, 18:47
Cooperman

I'm gonna hunt you down. Bet it won't take long...

Ima Muppet
26th Jul 2001, 23:32
I guess that anyone who is old enough to remember the game probably cannot work a computer, but can anyone explain the point of it (the game, that is)? It would be a shame to soak my No 1s in beer for no real reason...

Blacksheep
27th Jul 2001, 09:26
I think the point is called "Tradition"

As to wetting your No.1s, the men (boys?) who invented all the stupid mess games had a life expectancy of three weeks, so they didn't give a sh*t.

Just stick a pint on your head and enjoy!

Through difficulties to the cinema

[ 27 July 2001: Message edited by: Blacksheep ]

Cooperman
28th Jul 2001, 05:18
Spot on Blacksheep!

When drunk, the 'Muffin Man' is hilarious. However, balancing tins of Canadian p**s on yer 'ead isn't!

..course, in them days everything was made of wood and only cost a penny..baaahhh.

Ima Muppet - look forward to singin' along!

Moosa Aswayita! ;)