PDA

View Full Version : Class 2 Medical Validity

MadMurdock
5th Nov 2009, 08:01
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help.....
My last medical was July 2006, when I was 36 years old. According to the CAA website, validity for 17-39 years old is 5 years or 42nd birthday, however on the certificate it states that it is only valid for 5 years if issued under age 30 and age 30-49 is only valid for 2 years.
Can anyone clarify whether I need to renew my medical and when the age categories changed, and if by chance my certificate was issued on an 'old' form whether it would still be valid?
Fortunately I haven't flown P1 since July 2008 for other reasons, but would like to start again in the near future.
I emailed the CAA medical team a few days ago but no relpy as yet, and can only find a post from 2003 on these forums on the subject, when the old (under 30) system was obviously still in place.
Thanks in advance....

Murdock

kenparry
5th Nov 2009, 10:11
If you are able to contact the AME who examined you, (s)he may be able to clarify. I suspect you have an old-style certificate, as you say.

MadMurdock
5th Nov 2009, 11:31
Thanks for the Info, Ken.
Looks like I'll be going to visit my AME anyway,
CAA just replied, changes were implemented 1/12/06 and as my certificate was issued prior to this, was only valid for 24 months.
Ho Hum :rolleyes:

MM