PDA

View Full Version : S7000 GPS (Snooper/Memory Map)

Pilot.Pete
5th Nov 2009, 06:43
Has anyone got a hand held S7000?
They seem to be quite good vaule for money, I would be intrested to see what a real person thought of them?

Adventurer Pilot 7000 7" Touchscreen GPS @ Flightstore Pilot Supplies (http://www.flightstore.co.uk/adventurer-pilot-7000-7-touchscreen-gps.asp/gps/gpssystems/)

IO540
6th Nov 2009, 08:33
Sounds like this one is UK coverage only; I would not pay £600 for that. But the CAA VFR chart data is the best thing to have when flying VFR - very clear.

If you get lost or bust CAS with this on your lap, you need your head examined :)

znww5
6th Nov 2009, 09:23
Cheaper option would be to search for S7000 on the internet (£375 to £400 last time I looked) and buy the Memory Map/s you require. The icon layout on the MM product appears to be different to running MM on a CE device, but that's about it.
Mind you, a 7" screen is a more practical option than the 4.3" which I have tinkered with recently.

tonge
6th Nov 2009, 09:32
Pete, I'm really interested in this unit, I gave memory map a ring because there wasn't that much info on the Flightstore website for flight planning etc etc. They are going to be at a Flying show on the 28th Nov at the NEC in Birmingham so I'll probably pop up there and try before I buy.

I've tried Memory Map before and it was ok but it won't come with all the bells and whistles and the handy "direct to" when your in flight. Still think its a good unit and half the price of the Airbox and Flymap units.

liam548
6th Nov 2009, 10:20
is this better than the Airbox clarity? both similar price.