PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe Chat Room!! (Steady On)

Snapshot
6th Jul 2001, 03:56
Just ended up in the PPRuNE chat room thingy tonight for 10 minutes.
Whilst Danny was sorting the site out with routine maintenance, the site was down so I gave it a whirl! I started a new room called 'Mil Pilots' (Not sure if it remains) but as I did, those who are online and into fast pointy things entered and the rest is history so to speak.
Chatted to a few people and then recognised a name, MaxR8, had a quick natter with him blah blah.
I thought after how different it was from the way we communicate on here in our normal, 'read message' - 'post message' - 'return sometime later to see if any replies' etc.

So here is my suggestion, how about we set up a mutual time perhaps once a week to have a 'free for all' in the 'Mil Pilots' chat room. Great to actually communicate 'live' with the personalities we regularly read about but never actually 'talk to' would be some great banter me thinks?
Anyway, just a thought, :)
Snaps.

Snapshot
6th Jul 2001, 04:01
The votes for the caption competition winner could be placed during the session.

Talking Radalt
6th Jul 2001, 22:37
Yeah, and the spec aircrew frontenders could ignore the crewmen in this conversation too....

Snapshot
7th Jul 2001, 00:15
Radalt,
just tell em their curry is ready, soon take notice ;)
Snapshot

Talking Radalt
7th Jul 2001, 02:00
Snappy,
Crewman = Helicopter =
Tuna and pickle rolls (I kid you not) shrink wrapped in cling film, with a minute carton of piss-weak black currant and a yet-to-ripen apple, oh and bag of those over-flavoured Benson's crisps that have been stamped on by the in flight caterers.

Snapshot
7th Jul 2001, 02:31
Radalt,
Apologies mate, though you meant C-130! Lunch sounds nasty, had a packet of Bensons last week whilst on a Herc, two dips and the packets empty. All you can do is straighten the packet, tilt head back, lift packet above head, open gob, shake packet and watch contents miss mouth whilst disappearing down the inside of the suit! Great fun ;)

6nandneutral
8th Jul 2001, 04:02
Good idea but make sure that the agreed times are not during happy hours, and yes not much in a packet of Bensons

Jay Foe
9th Jul 2001, 01:17
I've now found the one place outside of a butty box that you can get Bensons Crisps. Strangely enough it was a newsagents in Lincoln and you got a 6 pack free if you spent more than a fiver!

ROGERTHAT
11th Jul 2001, 22:55
JAY FOE have you ever noticed how all bensons crisps are salt flavoured?? just in different colour packets. i wonder which AOC owns that company (heratic) :)