PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with Rotary Licence Exemptions

what checks?
14th Jun 2001, 21:36
Does anybody know what is going on?! Last I heard the Navy were running with it. At this rate I may as well just do it the old way!

sarbouy
15th Jun 2001, 15:17
Have heard that the final details are being agreed with the CAA at this time, and that the result will be worth the wait. Announcement due shortly.......

Now where have we heard that before??

212man
15th Jun 2001, 19:34
The general information document (GID) for the requirements for issuing a UK CPL/ATPL (Helicopters) is GID 14 (issue 3). For JAR-FCL licences it is GID 30, but that hasn't been issued yet, but at least you'll know which one to ask for!

------------------
Another day in paradise

BEagle
16th Jun 2001, 11:08
Last e-mail I had from he-who-knows confirmed that RW>ATPL(H) and RW>ATPL(A) accreditations were indeed being finalised. Don't know whether they#ll make the same 1 Jul 01 introduction as the FW accreditations though.

Patience chaps......it IS coming! Or so I've been told.

SH Monkey
16th Jun 2001, 18:47
The Navy are dealing with it. And you can't do it the old way any more, unless you have passed the ATPL(H) exams, in which case you effectively have an ATPL(H) anyway.

------------------
Which bit of dire retention problem are THEY finding hard to understand...

Hoist-to-Crew
11th Jul 2001, 16:18
Well the first has come and gone......nope still no news.

Is there any news for the brave boys who fly machines not designed to get off the ground?
:confused:

BEagle
11th Jul 2001, 20:59
What - Jaguars?

It's all gone ominously quiet, the website is months out of date but the CAA's latest policy document does at least give a number to call........

floppyjock
12th Jul 2001, 19:44
Hush there, dont let the civvies get hold of this. They have aready got their knickers in a twist about the FW boys on the Rumours and News forum. You tell em BEagle. ;)

Arkroyal
14th Jul 2001, 18:00
'scuse my ignorance, but is this the carrot of exemptions traded for time served that was being discussed when I left in 1994?

Good luck everyone, as the old way is a time consuming nause, and expensive to boot.

At least I can relax with the sense of superiority in my wealth of knowledge of the inconsequential trivia of an aviation nature that the CAA forced me to learn.

Pity only about 2% has anything to do with my job!

OOPS 78
17th Jul 2001, 17:13
Does anyone know who to contact in the Forces to ask about the exemptions? I tried the CAA, they were very helpful and polite but had no information that they could pass on. I checked the TGDA website that deals with all such info and of course there is nothing yet for Rotary boys.

Anyone else know anything?
:p

Tuckunder
17th Jul 2001, 19:49
Try Shawbury OC CFS(H)