PDA

View Full Version : New best blue?

Roundtuit
6th Jul 2001, 03:21
I heard a rumour that the RAF will be getting a new best blue uniform. Does anyone have information to confirm or deny this?

snaggletooth
6th Jul 2001, 03:59
True. Got fitted for mine last week. Don't know how much it's all costing or why it's needed, just a good job we're so flush for cash at the mo'...

Hang on a minute! :)

------------------
Lend me £10, I'll buy you a drink & Mother wake me early in the morning...

moosemaster
6th Jul 2001, 08:34
I had heard that rumour too, and one that not everybody was going to get this lovely new shiny medal thing.

Anyone know what the score is for those of us fortunate enough to be detached for the forseeable future, or any details on the whole gong thing? (Yet more things to remember where I've put!!)

MooseMaster

BEagle
6th Jul 2001, 10:34
Where did you get that from Roundtuit or perhaps YCATQ? Is this another fine retention measure from their airships? Are we all supposed to buy a new best blue from a military tailor such as http://www.retiredairmarshal_clothingcompany.com at our own expense? Does anyone know what it'll look like? Or is it WO/SNCO and below again?
Aircrew leather jacket, better quality shirt with tie plus lightweight blue slacks. Ooh - suit you, Sir, the ladies would love it, Sir. Ooh - would make them very moist for you, Sir!!

Ed Winchester
6th Jul 2001, 11:29
A new No1 would be nice. It'd be great to be able to wear it and breath at the same time!

As for the medal, this link (http://www.goldenjubilee.gov.uk/content/serve.pcgi/faqs/#10) might answer your question.

[This message has been edited by Ed Winchester (edited 06 July 2001).]

Overtorque
6th Jul 2001, 12:15
A new (free!) No 1 is being issued to all female RAF officers, and all blokes FS rank and below. Dewhurst tailors are visiting all RAF stations over the next 3 months or so.

I didn't actually pay much attention to whether it was different or not, I was too busy revelling in the novelty of being able to breathe in it!

moosemaster
6th Jul 2001, 19:35
Thanks for the link Ed. Very informative.

BEagle
6th Jul 2001, 19:48
Sir, sir Mr Equal Opportunities Counsellor, sir - I consider that I'm being discriminated against, sir!! Why are new free uniforms only being provided to girlie officers, sir? I thought that in the new huggy-fluffy politically-correct IiP world we weren't supposed to notice that some officers have lumpy jumpers, sir?

Is this free uniform to be provided to all officers regardless of race, colour, creed or sex? If not, sir, please could you explain why not?? Or will we chaps be receiving something else in lieu??

N Genfire
6th Jul 2001, 20:50
You could all wear blue dresses Beags!!!!!

I doubt If anyone would notice the difference.

Regards N Genfire

------------------
Not if I can do it tomorrow.........

BEagle
6th Jul 2001, 22:02
Have you been peeking through my keyhole.............??

Pilot Pacifier
6th Jul 2001, 22:23
It’s great that we are getting a new No1’s, NOT!

So far, I’ve waited three months for a set of CS95 trousers that fit, as some of us lucky ones are off to the desert for three months to play in the sand.

Because I’m 6’3”, guess what, inability! Bet if get fitted for the new No1’s, I’ll have them before the CS95 trousers. And guess which I’d rather have first?

Priorities, what priorities?

Wholigan
7th Jul 2001, 04:16
Hey Beags,

I know someone who has a hardly-used blue boob tube you could have. It's about your size mate :)

ROGERTHAT
9th Jul 2001, 23:33
I bet we all still look like W H Smiths security guards. Oiii have you paid for that beano son :p

only1leftmate!
9th Jul 2001, 23:52
The girls get a new no.1 because they get fat more quickly than us blokes. :eek:

N Genfire
10th Jul 2001, 00:55
Hey, if our Crab brethren are getting new whistles, why cant we, where's my phone......., sick of this khaki.....yes something manly,.... yes make the girls look like jordan, back to red jackets.....thanks minister....oh and not itchy please.

Regards N Genfire