PDA

View Full Version : Are There Any Pilots Here?

Mach the Knife
20th Jul 2001, 15:26
Specifically PROFESSIONAL AND MILITARY. Seems from a lot of the cr@p i've been reading lately the answer would be no. Whats wrong with the other forums that this one needs to be filled with all the rubbish posted here by anybody with an opinion and a PC. If you're not Military Aircrew (what I really mean is Military Pilot, but I've done a CRM course), sod off somewhere else unless you have something valid to add to a discussion. :mad:

fat albert
20th Jul 2001, 15:44
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/rant.gif

...and thus it ever was here.

What in particular has sparked this outburst?

Rusty Cessna
20th Jul 2001, 16:06
......nah.....I think I'll stay.

The Mistress
20th Jul 2001, 16:18
Feeling better now Mach?

Have a good happy hour and you'll forget all about it in the morning.

Min Decent Ht
20th Jul 2001, 22:29
Eh, Mach, I love you mate. You're like a brother you are, you're allll right, not like those other bxxxxxxs, I really really love you. Errr......Yak

Oh, better out than in eh?
Eh, I can't remember eating that.....

Where's the kebab van then...

Mach- a valid point, perhaps a little more diplomacy required me thinks.

Flying_Padre
20th Jul 2001, 22:49
Mach.....you'll give yourself a coronary.

I think you may find that the vast majority of the replies to posts on this forum are from people who are more than happy to be identified as MILITARY and PROFESSIONAL.

Talking drivel and having a sense of humour are part and parcel of PROFESSIONAL MILITARY aviation.... if your not happy your box is in the corner, feel free to climb back in.

From the number of hits you seem to be the minority........pax :D
http://www.mwscomp.com/sounds/mp3/brghtsd.mp3

[ 20 July 2001: Message edited by: Flying_Padre ]

Overstretch
21st Jul 2001, 00:37
Yes.....

Max R8
21st Jul 2001, 03:16
I am appalled by the sort of eletist white male hetrosexual er.. eletist attitudes expressed above. Anyone who flies in a plane is just as professional and..er..military as anyone else despite having never bought a military white male ..er..eletist male white RAF QFI a pint in their life. I spend all my disposable income on my flying and that makes me just as eletist and ..er..male as any facistic, capitalist running dog military trained pilot so there!!!!!!! See you in Genoa.

Blue Stuff
21st Jul 2001, 13:51
We are all elite.

It's just that some are a little more elite than others!

Blue.

Captain Kirk
21st Jul 2001, 14:06
Mach,

I do have some sympathy with you - especially when geniune Mil Pilot views are being canvassed; sorting the chaff from the contact gets tricky. I personally feel that the Forum is more lively and vibrant for some external input but the Non-Mil Posters would do well to remember that they are essentially guests.

Cooperman
21st Jul 2001, 20:22
I'm with you Mach, whoever you are. I'm not interested in non-military opinions. This IS a military site and to me that means that the majority of posts should come from military punters. The rest of you who arb around in G-whatever your registration is can't possibly have informed opinions on a lot of the threads posted on this site

Good on you Mach, I'm sick of reading politically correct crap by people who are too spineless to speak up.

Now, where's my 1771?

Moosa Aswayita!

Blue Stuff
21st Jul 2001, 20:40
Watch out, Coops - you've just alienated the entire world of EFT. Bring back the 'dog! :D

islandhopper
21st Jul 2001, 22:07
Sorry guys just stumbled into this one----what a load of sh..e, guests are we - get a life. :mad:

N Genfire
21st Jul 2001, 22:30
I be a pylut, I be Mil, I cums 'ere to relax. if you want to be all serious like, go bore somebody in your own crew room, that's if you have one. I like the civvy input, the naive entrants into this banter battle zone, enjoying freedom of (non OSA) speech, interaction on a playing field large and all encompassing, with debate on a variety of subjects. If you need to talk mil all the time, set up a site on MODweb and chat with your geeky mates, me, I talk to anyone about anything here, and suprisingly for you (I assume) I find a number of like-minded people. so phrrrrrrrrrrrrp to you.

Regards N Genfire

Captain Kirk
21st Jul 2001, 22:48
N Genfire,

Well said. Coops, surely you must agree that it would be rather dull without some diversity of perspective and who can possibly take exception to Snapshot livening up the threads with his awesome piccies. I think that Mach is frustrated by the kind of nonsense response that clearly comes from some wannabe that enjoys purporting to be one of the finest. But, hey - that's the www.

Live long and prosper! :rolleyes:

Cooperman
22nd Jul 2001, 04:15
I didn't say it should be purely military. And it has nothing to do with elitism. But there seems to be more civvy input than anything else!

As for a MODweb geeky chat-site.....so are all those in the military geeks or just the ones you hang out with?

Come to think of it, the civvy airlines don't allow us into their forums, and yes, it was curiosity that motivated me to look. So why do we have to have every Tom, Dick and Harry on ours? I'm interested in things that go whoosh bang whiz, not 'cabin doors to manual', 'clear prop' or 'take up slack left'.

Don't get too angry though, it's only my opinion, but I am surprised that most of you seem to be far too 'nice'.

Are there ANY FJ mates on this site? :(

15/15 flex
22nd Jul 2001, 06:00
What a total [email protected]'m sure all your FJ brethren will thank you for dragging them back into the dark ages. If you want to start a Fast Jet only forum, go ahead and do so. This one is for Military Aircrew....whatever their speciality. Do we really have to go down the "How do you intend on getting to Flag etc without tanker support/who is going to drag you out of the North Sea when you pork up, without those annoying helicopter types etc etc" route yet again? You sound pretty bloody elitist to me.

Also, there are a vast number of wannabes who visit this forum to get an idea of how life will be for them in HMtQ's Flying Club (available in a range of colours). I'm sure that attitudes like yours have them lining up at the CIO .

:mad:

Anyway, it's doors to engage, not Doors to Manual, pass me another coffee, and let me count those allowances once more :D :D

Mach the Knife
22nd Jul 2001, 08:18
Cooperman, thank you for dragging us back to the dark ages/good old days (delete as appropriate). As I meant to imply on the original post, valid input from non mil/pilot visitors is welcome, in the limited time I get to catch up on what isn't in the International Press or the official stuff the RAF sends overseas, the unamusing drivel really hacks me off.
The Mistress - happy hour great, feel better.
Min Descent Height - Diplomacy? Bollox are you one of those "yes men".
Remember, BA could get us to Flag and the only reason to get in a helicopter is when your dingy is no longer comfortable. ;)

Kermit 180
22nd Jul 2001, 09:45
Stumbled in here for a look-see to see what our military counterparts are up to. Seems there's some hostility towards us civvies, so I won't stay.

My input, for what it's worth is that I see military members appear in the civvie forums too. I think this is good, we can learn from one another. At the end of the day, we all take pride in our successful 'missions'; you deliver your bombs on target, we deliver our passengers safely to their destinations.

Kermie :D

DESPERADO
22nd Jul 2001, 15:12
I'm with you Mach & Cooperman. This is a forum for purveyors of death and destruction not the girl guides. I would think that civvies reading this must be worried about the defence of the free world as everyone is so nice. Bring back the revolting crewman he was always good for some poor taste.
And to the fella who said w@nker or whatever, I think that you are very rude and should cease your gutter level banter forthwith. Knobber.

[ 22 July 2001: Message edited by: DESPERADO ]

Rusty Cessna
22nd Jul 2001, 15:47
Just for the record,

I'm a civvy, most of you know I'm a civvy, but being allowed to contribute to all the valid, and non valid topics on this forum I find is actually quite enjoyable. There are a lot of laughs to be had in here I find, and seeing all the serious, non serious and darn right stupid topics posted here, along with their ractions, is just another thing that enforces my desire to be "Professional Military Aircrew".

I reckons this forum proves a valuable insight into the way military types think and laugh, and most of you are always happy to help people who want to learn about the military way of things. If you bar civvies, who are you gonna have left to laugh at!

Basically, it all comes down to that, if you don't like it don't read it argument!

Right rant over, now Ill get back to reading my economist and the daily telegraph.

Enjoy one and all!
Regards,
Rusty

Cooperman
22nd Jul 2001, 19:37
Isn't it fascinating how a simple question at the end of one's post can generate so much emotion?

Yes I am a FJ w@#$&r, and sometimes I'd like to see more FJ-orientated threads. I won't apologise for being biased!

And, as Desperado pointed out perfectly, why resort to hostile abuse?

I'm sorry, I hadn't realised that (some) non-FJ mates were so sensitive and there was no intention to offend them.

But I still think this site is MAINLY for the 'professionals who fly the non-civilian hardware'....and to me, that means aircraft that start with ZD-something, not G-something.

Mach, good to see that you've now had your spine ripped out, or was it....ooh, I'll just start this thread and see what the OTHER guys think?

Moosa Aswayita! :rolleyes:

6nandneutral
22nd Jul 2001, 22:48
Mach..........here's hoping that you are never the captain of a multi crew a/c.
C Can't
R Remember
M Much

N Genfire
22nd Jul 2001, 22:52
Way to go rusty......,

"No life outside the cockpit" crab gits. "oooh, I would like to see more FJ orientated threads" well go on a bloody fj orientated site then !! This is mil flying and encompasses everything, and if I don't want to talk about what I do all day or blow smoke up my respective peer groups *rse I wont. I want to discuss things that interest me or be stupid, either way it is my choice.
My advice is ask Capt PPrune for a locked site that is called "Aviation matters arising from military flying only" and see if many people get a login, if they do, I will apologize unreservedly on this forum.

Regards N Genfire

Cooperman
22nd Jul 2001, 23:28
Now then, now then, then now, then,....... now then!

There is no smoke geing blown up anyone's a@#e. What's with all the emotive over-sensitivity?

Ecstatic to see that this has degenerated into an inter-service mud-slinging match. If you wanted more wockity wockity threads I wouldn't retort with "oi, fish-head, go blow a blowfish and post on your own rotating palm tree site!" Clearly, by the amount of words like elitism, FJ (not fj) wa#$*rs and crabs, there are a lot of inferiority complexes around!

Don't be sooooo touchy when an opinion that you don't agree with is expressed.

Anyone else wanna fight?.......

Moosa Aswayita!
:D

Rusty Cessna
22nd Jul 2001, 23:33
May I draw attention to "Blessed be the Cheese makers", its very amusing, if thats allowed.

Regards to all,
Rusty.

N Genfire
23rd Jul 2001, 01:16
FISH HEAD!!!!, Now you insult me, I am leaving this thread, never to return.

See you in chat sometime, I hope

Regards N Genfire

Cooperman
23rd Jul 2001, 01:33
Rusty Cessna,
I did indeed nearly choke on my brie laughing...ho ho ho yak

N Genfire..not crab, not fishhead....AAC?
If not, I rest my case and have indeed wasted my time 'chatting' with a civvy!!!!!!

I too am leaving

Moosa Aswayita! :cool:

CleanScope
23rd Jul 2001, 01:46
Hey Chaps,

Here's the truth: Any Fast Jet chap could fly a tanker, and, any truckie could crash a Fast Jet. As for Choppers, you need 3 arms with multiple aditional joins and two brains (One for hover and one for flight)

Elitist, moi?

Just be happy, and concentrate your aggression on the REAL ENEMY: HOON!!

Clean
:D

Arm out the window
23rd Jul 2001, 03:54
The cheek of those civvies!
Wasting good electrons on our computers with their uninformed talk...

I reckon everything posted here should have to be strictly in accordance with the manual of service writing; only then can we be sure we are having pure and untainted discussions.

Only sometimes I can't remember how many spaces should go after a full stop...oh no...perhaps I'm a closet civvy without realising it! Aieeeeeeeee!

Arm out the window
23rd Jul 2001, 05:46
P.S. What's this Fast Jet with capitals bull****?

EESDL
23rd Jul 2001, 15:14
If it was restriceted to just Mil pilots, like the name seems to suggest, then atleast it would be free from the "hey, someone gives a 5hit, tell me more..." threads submitted by the numerous journos that visit these pages!!
(What on earth does 'restriceted' mean?)

attackattackattack
23rd Jul 2001, 17:42
"restriceted" means that yesterday's bar-b-que booze is still in the sysstem :)

(edit: as does sysstem!)

[ 23 July 2001: Message edited by: attackattackattack ]

Strobin' Purple
23rd Jul 2001, 18:42
Hey Mach, yer great whining FJ faggot!

Don't know what you're moaning about, the www is full of FJ pilot chatrooms:

Check out Harrier-mate chat at www.perfectquiffs.com (http://www.perfectquiffs.com) or Jag banter at www.suckitbigboy.com! (http://www.suckitbigboy.com!)

Quiche-eating nonce!

Luv

SB

Chairborne 09.00hrs
23rd Jul 2001, 18:47
Mach,

For your info, I Post here under the largesse of the Chief Pprune: on the Homepage, it says:

"blah, blah are also welcome, as well as anybody else with a connection or interest in professional aviation."

(With apologies to those categories of good people whom I have written-off as "blah")

I read this very carefully before deciding to Register; I think I just about qualify.
I am very careful where and what I Post, and consider myself to be here as a guest. I know my place.

However, if the Chief Pprune decides to withdraw such a wide-ranging invitation, I'll glady get my coat and naff-orf!

Rusty Cessna
23rd Jul 2001, 19:49
Just realised im coming across as a bit of a tyke, so well, sorry to sound arrogant or anything, me knows me place toos!

Thanks,
Rusty

BEagle
23rd Jul 2001, 21:29
'Fast Jet' became a popular expression when jet bombers such as the Jaguar, Buccaneer and Tornado came into RAF service. The self-important peole who flew them couldn't possibly say that they flew 'bombers' even though none of these pointy things had a fraction of the capability of real bombers like the Vulcan. Equally they were not, by any stretch of the imagination, fighters. This posed an enormous problem - what would these bomber pilots like to call themselves. So they coined the expression 'fast jet' pilot.........excuse me, could I borrow a bucket.

I were a fighter pilot once - Hunter and Phantom.

I were also a bomber pilot once - Buccaneer and Vulcan.

But now I'm off to fly a rather large swept wing jet aeroplane at speeds in excess of M0.9 over the next few days. I suppose that you could call that a 'fast' jet aeroplane?

[ 23 July 2001: Message edited by: BEagle ]

Dragonspet
23rd Jul 2001, 21:47
Mr. Knife,
My most sincere apologies for any entries that I may have posted that you may have interpreted as senseless garble. I am a lowly civilian, with twelve years of DOD military aviation experience having worked on projects spanning from restoring a 1938 B-36 bomber, to research and development of weapons systems for the FA-18. Holding an A&P License, Inspection Authorization, BS Structural Engineering from UT, and have in my possession a Private pilots License with a Multi engine and Instrument ratings. While not one of the elite, I do have an interest in military aviation not only from a professional level but a personal point as well. I eat, drink and sleep aviation.
I stumbled onto this forum purely by coincidence staying strictly anonymous as an observer, considering this was the liveliest forum going on the PRUNE network, no longer able to resist the urge to comment on a thread on an issue of direct concern to my livelihood (C-17). At no time did I portray myself or try to deceive anyone about my profile; I am on of the few people here that my true name is on my profile along with my working E-mail address. In the process have had the opportunity to meet and correspond with like enthusiast from across the pond.
If I have gained anything in this industry over the years it is this, at any given time it is possible to learn something from anyone regardless of his or her working capacity.
If the decision is made to restrict access to military personnel only, the ones that will suffer most are the military posting looking for an objective opinion, as all of the posting would no doubt be biased. Respectfully yours

Captain Kirk
23rd Jul 2001, 21:57
Strobin' Purple

Methinks you're a bit out of date - for Jag mate read F3. Try to keep up with the banter old boy.

slim boy fat
24th Jul 2001, 02:31
Nice one Mach

I don`t often visit any more `cos of the amount of bollox you have to sift through posted by non-professionals.

Rusty Cessna
You`re the ultimate example- If your interested in topics here thats fine, but I for one don`t want to read your posts. Why not wait `till you are a military pilot?

So all you non pros, don`t get over sensitive about this, just go somewhere else.

stablepowerset
24th Jul 2001, 02:56
got to agree partly on this one I mean the heading is military aircrew!!!!!!! so not really the forum for a discussion about the RAF police!! BUT and its a big but!! aircrew includes more than just the two winged master race especially when you talking military where the technology generaly demands more than than the busdriver being involved flying the beast!!!!! I mean even the mighty renta jet has to have a loady! and yep they are aircrew. dont get me wrong there should be an outlet for all the other gripes but not under this heading

Ed Winchester
24th Jul 2001, 03:40
got to agree partly on this one I mean the heading is military aircrew!!!!!!! so not really the forum for a discussion about the RAF police!!

Strange logic - are you saying that the heading dictates that all we can talk about is military aircrew? I know there a plenty of primadonnas out there but a website dedicated to chatting solely about ourselves is taking it a bit far, surely?

Reality check - This excellent BB was created and is maintained by 'civvies', who were good enough to set up a Military Pilots forum on it.

Get off your high horses and design your own BB, if you all you want is a stovey circle-jerk and self-admiration society.

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/ogo.gif

[ 23 July 2001: Message edited by: Ed Winchester ]

Jackonicko
24th Jul 2001, 05:04
Unless the idea is that no-one posts about anything outside their own direct experience, then the ex-service pilots, the ground-bound, and the interested amatuers may have as much to offer (interesting questions to ask - or even answer) as the serving pros. Why would BEagle (say) or Stopstart (both ME engine pilots, and among the most articulate PPruners) have any greater expertise or experience when discussing (say) JSF than would Sprucemousse (who's probably spoken to the programme manager) or John Farley (who's no longer a current, serving FJ pilot).

The value of the informed outsider may be especially high on the many threads which are as much to do with over-views and doctrine as they are with detailed nitty gritty and tactics.

I would, however, agree with the sentiment that the wannabes and journos sometimes seem to dominate the threads, which may make them less interesting and less useful to all of us. Fortunately, I've experienced a fairly friendly welcome here - despite being a civvy, a PPL (ex-UAS but from so long ago that it's irrlevant) and a journo.

Anyone who has made it to become an RAF pilot deserves to be admired and respected, and perhaps a healthy dose of pride and self belief is therefore justified - but there's a danger of this becoming arrogance and unfounded elitism, judging from a minority of the posts on this thread.

Poison Arrow
24th Jul 2001, 06:50
I think we're missing the big point here.
Don't you think Ed Winchester has got the best smilies?

If he goes then so do I. Solidarity Reg.

...Hi I'm Ed Win.... ;)

Ed Winchester
24th Jul 2001, 10:49
Cheers Poison Arrow!

I take no credit whatsoever for the smilies, they are reproduced courtesy of StopStart - he is the one to thank/blame! He has produced a cracking website (http://www.ultimatelypointlesswebsite.com/)full of the little blighters, and much more! http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif

Yosser
24th Jul 2001, 12:20
Cooperman,

When did the UK get these new Fast Jets?

Hope they are better than the old sh*te you have been flying for the last 30 years. Found an aircraft younger than yourself yet?

Don't forget a lot of us "civvies" are ex - mil, so probably have a better idea of real banter than some of you "FJ" types (Harrier, Jaguar FAST Ha.)

murphy
24th Jul 2001, 14:47
WHAT A COMPLETE BAG OF AR*E!!!(Not your smilies ED, their tops)I mean the subject of this thread!!!

As many people have already said on here if you want your own site, FEEL FREE!!!

Personally, I visit this site, not only for the sometimes serious debate, but for the light hearted banter posed by all and sundry!

I don't read threads, or comments purely from some Prima-donna FJ To**er. I enjoy the varied comments from all walks of life. Who cares if they fly ZD or G- !! Remember, we won't be flying Mil all our lives, it may be nice to know what lies outside!!!!

If civvies, or even fishheads want to post on the Mil pilots forum, then they have my OK!!(Remember the definition of Military is "relating to, or characteristic of, Soldiers". So,.........You know whats coming next, don't you, Crabs)

Wind it in!!

N Gen,
You sound a bit too like me for me to not know you. Feel free to Mail me and reveal yourself (OO,Er!!!)

Yours

Murph x x x

Mach the Knife
24th Jul 2001, 16:50
I think that this thread has lost its way; it was never meant to be anti civvy - just anti stroker, be they mil or civ. I also enjoy relevant/humorous posts from whatever source. Just seemed to me that there were too many strokers posting just to increase their number of posts tag. If you have nothing relevent to say - say nothing.

Rusty Cessna - Can't remember ever reading anything relevant/intelligent from you.

6nandneutral - sorry for the delay, had a lot of cr@p to sift through. Why would I want to fly an aircraft full of uneducated, opinionated pond life? I'll wait until i'm older and more patient and can't hack it in a small pointy aircraft anymore before I sell out for the cash. ps Why would anyone want to fly a Mil fat plane, the civvies do it better and pay more for your time.

N. Genfire - Read note above to Rusty Cessna.

Strobin' - Wondered when you'd show up again. Only good thing I've heard from you was when WE were getting OUR roasting for trying to take the tiles off the line hut roof and you came up with "no stick no vote, sir". ps I don't eat Quiche, talking of food, can you handle a madras yet or are you still the Korma King? - Whats that smell, smells like........

Chairborne 0900 - You are welcome, as is anyone with relevant input.

Beagle - You are my hero, where do you get the time and knowledge from, I want your job.

Dragonspet - My intention was not to get the forum restricted, just to tell the strokers to sod off, and I wish they would.

Slim boy fat - Do I know you?

Jackonicko - Good points, I'm not having a go at the likes you mentioned. They have interesting and relevant things to say.

Poison Arrow - Stroker.

Yosser - What's fast? agree the Harrier and Jag don't qualify.

Murphy - Are you one of those flying Pongo enlisted filth?

Edited as requested, never could spel, should have werked harder at skool

[ 25 July 2001: Message edited by: Mach the Knife ]

Megaton
24th Jul 2001, 17:26
Rusty Cessna - Can't remember ever reading anything relevent/inteligent from you.

Suggest you edit your post so that intelligent is spelt correctly. Doesn't look like you've got too much to say either! :D

Rusty Cessna
24th Jul 2001, 17:46
Come to think of it Mach,

The only thing of yours I have read is this, and it hardly qualifies as the most intelligent post.

N-Gen, how are ya pal?

fobotcso
24th Jul 2001, 18:33
Bloody Hell! Talk about LOL! And he can't spell humorous or relevant either, Ham Phisted. But who cares?

Look, Dragonspet and Chairborne, don't take any of this seriously. The young ones have to get these rants off their chests every so often but they really are sweet, kind and gentle people who wouldn't hurt a fly. Mach is really joking about all this, I think.

Or he's just going through a bad patch. But so early in the day? You can get help, you know...

:) Edit 'cos I can't spell either!

[ 24 July 2001: Message edited by: fobotcso ]

only1leftmate!
25th Jul 2001, 19:06
Mach

If I aspire to be a civvy does that mean I'm banned too?... and will you be standing in front of a mirror shouting abuse at yourself when the RAF eventually sends you on your way?

PS the last time I attempted to fly I fell over on the walk-out and sacked it because I could no longer be a.r.s.e.d.

Strobin' Purple
25th Jul 2001, 22:00
Mach

Now you've confirmed my suspicions as to your id, I'm with you mate. Get rid of all the civ strokers with attitude AND the chippy AAC nobbers (take note Murphy ) and all the junglies/pingers/fishhead/stovie fags. And anyone who uses the phrase "cap-badge".

In fact lets just have an RAF site and we can all sit around and listen to Beags.

Anyway Mach that b*llocking was all you deserved, I kept tellin' ya!

Cheers mate watch the sunburn!

bad livin'
25th Jul 2001, 22:48
Mach - as ex RAF aircrew (i was a crap pilot), soon to be RN aircrew (hopefully I'll be a better Observer), my short period of "civvyhood" would have probably been a LOT longer without the advice I received here. Your attitude rings of a p**s take in itself - wind your neck in. In my dealings with RN aircrew (be they "FJ" or otherwise) I have never encountered less than helpful attitudes and far better banter than you're putting forward (a far cry from many in my previous life I may add). As for Rusty, he has put in more effort securing his career than most people I know and, once again, much of it is probably due to this site and the contacts he has made.

To quote an old post on this site - you sir, are a cad, bounder, and arse.

N Genfire
26th Jul 2001, 01:22
Mach,

"If you have nothing relevent to say - say nothing."

My point entirely young boy, now follow your own advice and scuttle off to the mess, have another beer and hug teddy.

Ps Must know you Murph if you ride the mighty gems

Vortex what...ouch!
26th Jul 2001, 12:02
Only one stroker round here and that would be mach.

Mach the Knife
26th Jul 2001, 15:51
Only1leftmate - Please re-read, I don't have anything against civvies at all, except the ones who haven't got a clue about what they are doing, and there are some Mil types that fall into that bracket too.

Bad livin'- Part way through hoop 1 does not qualify you to call yourself RAF aircrew, Boy. ps Hope the RN Observer thing goes OK, I'd hate to have to sit through all your life story/what to do next bollox again if you cock this up too.

Vortex what - I pick my nose in your general direction.

N Genfire - At last something sensible from you. This thread has become exactly the sort that caused me to start it in the first place - I'm off to the bar.

bad livin'
26th Jul 2001, 22:51
Mach - I don't remember asking you to read any of my posts. Your attitude makes me happier with every passing day that I left, there are far too many like you. Then again, there are more who are not. I may never be a pilot - but you'll always be a bell end.

goldcup
26th Jul 2001, 23:20
bad "livin'"

While much of what mach the knife says is bollox, I have to agree with him about you. Being chopped after trip 10 at JEFTS does not make you "military aircrew." As to your comment about "choosing to leave," well I'm sure the RAF was tripping over itself to offer you alternative employment. What, it wasn't!? Well, maybe its not that bad an organization after all. Have fun in your new career.

Lots of love

goldcup
xxx

BEagle
26th Jul 2001, 23:35
In what is probably a vain attempt to rescue this thread from the childish mud-slinging evident from the horse-corporals, I'd like to extend a welcome to each and every contributor who wishes to express a point of view no matter whether they are aspirant or professional military aircrew. However, personally I would be also very glad if the offensive nature of certain so-called 'contributors' was removed elsewhere. Permanently!

6nandneutral
27th Jul 2001, 00:20
I trust that your "uneducated and opinionated pond life" is the passengers we carry and not the rest of the crew. Please confirm. :mad:

Rusty Cessna
27th Jul 2001, 01:45
BEagle strikes again!

Thanks BEagle,
Rusty.

fobotcso
27th Jul 2001, 01:50
It would be fitting if this thread were allowed to fade away in view of the sad loss of the Jag pilot in Alaska. It all seems rather pointless.

15/15 flex
27th Jul 2001, 06:34
Hear, hear.

a.mused
27th Jul 2001, 23:50
Cooperman

Sorry mate this is not a military site. such things have sharp fences and strange men in white hats.
Beleive it or not, anyone can read your ramblings and comment on them - just like being at work.

Ed Winchester
28th Jul 2001, 05:37
a.mused - you have presumably not got the decency/common sense to read and act upon comments made two posts earlier.

Get a grip.

Mach the Knife
28th Jul 2001, 07:40
The point has been made, let the tread end.

Four 8's
30th Jul 2001, 03:19
Mach, Have you got the painters in this week?

Arm out the window
31st Jul 2001, 03:09
Well said, BEagle - welcome to those who want to make relevant comments, whoever they may be.

Elitist ego trippers are just an embarrassment.

w_ocker
31st Jul 2001, 05:27
Couldnt help it, I've got to have my two bits. I'm proud to serve with members of ALL my country's forces, and dont really give a damn if they've got one, two or no wings on their chest. They all play their role in an increasingly ****ty situation. As for the civvies, good on you fellas, takes some bloody hard graft to do it your way too. So, hats off to all and, to those who have forgotten, show people some bloody respect!

(BEags - much respect, and Arm Out, you too - did I fly with you in AFS???)

Arm out the window
31st Jul 2001, 06:37
w_ocker,

Probably did fly with you - I was there 92 - 95, then did another uniform change (this will probably identify me)

Soon to depart military life, I guess I won't be able to post here any more now! :D