PDA

View Full Version : Strike or Hike ?

wwwtraveller
3rd Nov 2009, 20:45
Hello all,

Was glad to see this forum, and I hope someone can help me :
My partner is working for British Airways, and I'm on his concession (ID90) when buying my travel tickets.
I'm planning to use other airline tickets (KLM or Lufthansa) for my vacation trip, around the end of 2009. My partner told me that BA cabin crew might strike around that time, and if I were using the ID90 tickets during the strike, the airline would not accept these. But he doesn't know if tickets of other airlines would be accepted by them, if travelling during BA strike.

Can anyone tell me if this is true or not ?

Thanx in advance,

O.

Glamgirl
4th Nov 2009, 00:01
As far as I know, in case of a strike there will be a complete embargo on all staff travel. Even if you already have tickets for use on another airline, BA will know if these were used. Your partner would then be in breach of staff travel policy, which could lead to disciplinary action. Loss of staff travel for a set period (around 2 years) would be the minimum punishment.

I'm happy to stand corrected if anyone else know more.

I'd recommend you get regular tickets, especially if you have somewhere you need to be at that time.

Gg

wwwtraveller
4th Nov 2009, 07:56
Thanks Glamgirl,
That was helpful. I was sure there should not be any problem to use otehr airlines tickets - and now it looks like too risky.

Cheers.