PDA

View Full Version : Apache`s down and out

Tiger_mate
8th Aug 2001, 21:53
First 2 Apaches for the UK brown jobs being flown by company drivers pre delivery land early at a weapons range. Along comes a Bradley APC during "his" range time and sees 2 targets, and ... youve guessed it, blew them to bits. Big keep it quiet PR job on, but you cannot hide here.

Laugh: I nearly bought a TV licence!

Reichman
8th Aug 2001, 21:58
They'd probably already put the Brit markings on them.

64av8or
8th Aug 2001, 22:35
TM, you need to tell us more. Is this recent or are you refering to the US losing a couple of Delta models in the same manner some time ago?

Tiger_mate
8th Aug 2001, 23:06
64av8or said:

Tell us more.

I heard it for the first time today from a source in the states, presuming it to be new, but I have to say that it is (or should have been) unlikely in the first instance without a repeat, so if you have heard a similar tale b4 I am probably preaching history. I was assured that they were British Apaches.

As no one was hurt, I found it V Funny.

ChristopherRobin
8th Aug 2001, 23:09
hmmm - does sound a bit "bloke down the pub says to me..."

Particularly when Brit Apaches arrive from Boeing as tadpoles and don't actually get assembled until they get to Westlands.

Then again I hear they have upped the range on those Bradleys.

On a slightly different note did you know that they faked the moon landings? Never happened apparently!

Gainesy
9th Aug 2001, 21:14
Course it was faked; Apaches wern't around in 1969.

64av8or
9th Aug 2001, 23:16
Nah, unless I'm really out of date (or to lunch!)this was the US blue on blue where the Bradley dude got it very wrong, including his grid and let rip!
As for Apaches not being around in '69, who was that at the little big horn then?
PS, have you heard that we sunk the Belgrano!!! :)

Jackonicko
10th Aug 2001, 05:48
Little Big Horn?

Lakota Sioux, of course (and their allies). Apaches are a Southwestern tribe who's stomping ground was Arizona/New Mexico/Mexico.

And the Sioux was certainly around in '69. :D

Gainesy
10th Aug 2001, 14:03
Similar to the story of the prototype Sgt York (tracked AAA Thing)blowing away the VIP portaloos when it homed in on the extractor fans.

TimC
11th Aug 2001, 03:11
Trust you Jacko :rolleyes: .

Tim http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/cheers.gif

64av8or
11th Aug 2001, 22:31
I knew a sue once who wore similar makeup to those injuns who wern't around in '69, very scary! Thanks for the correction Jack I promise to get out more. :)
Now, did you ever get on top of a Scout?